What's new

What color to paint the room. (1 Viewer)

Ryan.S.

Grip
Well I'm currently redoing the room where I'll be putting my HT. It's nice to be able to start from scratch. I just can't decide on the color. I want something fairly dark and relaxing. Nothing bright. It's in the basement... and there are only 2 medium sized windows about 6 ft. off the floor. So most of the light will be coming from lights that I put in there.

The 2 colors I've kinda decided on are a deep maroon, or a greenish gray, mostly gray with a greenish tint. I've seen both of these colors setup in rooms at local furniture stores and really like them both.

I'm puttin a lighter gray carpet in. And trim color will depend on the color I paint the walls.

I have several cool framed pictures I want to hang with silver frames. I think both of these colors would look good with the frames. And I have stainless outlet covers.

I also have a white leather couch. So nothing light will look right with it.

Let me know what you guys think. Also what finish should I get. Satin? Gloss? Flat? Thanks a lot.

Ryan

darren_s

Agent
I would go with the deep moroon myself, I think i would also go flat less glare on the big screen, I have a seperate room for HT 16x12 and another room 20x14 for family everyday tv so if your using your HT room for both you might have get the ok from the better half if there is one, good luck

Ryan.S.

Grip
The greenish gray that i'm talkin about is kinda on the charcoal side. I don't really know how to explain it... think of the color wheel... look at charcoal... then move slightly toward green. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks