What's new

What color paint should I use? (1 Viewer)

Noel_D

Auditioning
I'm about two weeks away from starting my HT. The room is 19'x17' and will also have a dry bar on one side (in an optional fireplace space). This leaves 17' from front (where the TV - currently considering a 65" widescreen) to back (leather sofa, slightly offset from the wall) with about 11' accross before getting to the bar area.
I am probably going to get a Mirage set up (OM-9s, center speakers, rear speakers, later to rear center speakers), and Sunfire Mark II woofer and a Denon 3802.
My question is how, if at all does the color of the paint affect the sound? Is dark paint better? what should I be putting on the walls to improve the overall sound quality?
Thanks

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Paint color won't affect sound quality. But it will affect color perception. Since you are using an RPTV you will most likely be using some dim lighting (or prolonged viewing in the dark will strain your eyes). Back lighting, putting a light that illuminates the wall behind the TV, will be a good option to get good lighting with no glare. In this scenario it's advised to use a neutral color tone on the wall behind the TV. This would be a shade of grey. If you don't want to use grey than it would be a good idea to use a subtle color and nothing too bright. Bright colors surrounding the TV will make the colors on TV look funny.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

[Edited last by Bill Catherall on November 08, 2001 at 05:15 PM]

ace peterson

Second Unit
He's right color won't affect sound. I saw a thread on this site awhile back talking about that subject. I'm sure you'd find it through the forum's search engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks