What color are the RP82 and CP7 2 REALLY??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Webb, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Michael Webb

Michael Webb Stunt Coordinator

The RP82 and the CP72 pictures on the net make them both look not to be solid silver, but more of a silver/mirror finish, yet the only one that claims to be half mirror is the CP72. Looks are important, it the RP82 just plain old silver, no color difference at all?

2. Gregg Z

Gregg Z Stunt Coordinator

The RP82 is silver with a mirrored strip down the center.
    Here are some pics that might help (in some of the photos the mirrored strip appears black).
    http://www.mindspring.com/~greggz/rp82/

3. Michael Webb

Michael Webb Stunt Coordinator

Man Thank You so much, that was the exact problem I had, I couldn't tell whether or not it was totally silver, or if that mirrored strip was grey tint, mirror tint, black tint, I had no idea. I think I'd like it better if it was a real dark tint but oh well? I ordered it today after giving up on the Sony CX875P changer, am starting to wonder if I should've ordered the CP-72, $30 off would've been nice, oh well, maybe I'll decline it when it gets shipped here, we'll have to see. Thanks.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Michael, the 'CP72 comes in black or silver. The silver version has a mirror-like finish on the carousel drawer. I don't care for it myself, but the mirrored look is getting reasonably popular in the audio and video component market.