What College Football Games Are Missing

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Doug Miller, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Doug Miller

Doug Miller Supporting Actor

Doug Miller
    I'm sitting around playing NCAA 2003, when my quarterback gets injured; he's out for 7 weeks. I mention to the wife my quarterback is out 7 weeks (like she really cares [​IMG]), she asks why, to which I jokingly say:
    "He's academically ineligble."
    Then it HITS me! This game is missing out on some of the true to life college football situations. Here's a list of stuff I want to see:
    - Academically ineligible.
    - Arrested by campus police for (insert offense).
    - Injured in fight with another player or frat guy.
    - Player quits team to transfer to another school.
    - Player kicked off team for conduct detrimental to the team.
    - Player climbs up outside of dorm and beats on girlfriend. (Lawrence Phillips rule states player will REMAIN eligible if playing in National Championship Game.)
    Mix these kind of offenses with a variety of suspensions, and you've got yourself some more random excitement!
    I'll think of more when I'm watching my Cougs in the Rose Bowl next week! [​IMG]
    Go Cougs!
    Doug

2. Jim__B

Jim__B Stunt Coordinator

I don't like the the idea of some of those. I play as Florida State and by game 11 I would be out of players.[​IMG]
    Seriously though they would be pretty funny to have in the game as long as they were not common happenings.
    How about random NCAA investigations.

3. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

4. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Matt,

Did it take into account how OU fails to come out and play when it counts, unless they are playing Texas?

5. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

Dunno--only played the Rose Bowl against WSU. [​IMG]
    (I have dynasties going with Penn State and Oklahoma State, as we speak--no Sooners. . .)

6. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

7. Armando Zamora

Armando Zamora Second Unit

[​IMG]
    Happy GO BLUE Holidays.

8. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I've never owned a college sports game but my brother, who has been simulating seasons on NCAA 2k3 said that after he went thru the hassle of recruiting the #1 rated center the guy played for one season then bolted for the NBA. That's about as realistic as it gets. Athletes are pampered all the time getting a slap on the wrist for what would be punished by either being kicked out of school or criminally indited if I did it so the system turning a blind eye to your star quarterback's off field antics should be expected [​IMG]

9. Mark_Arelius

Mark_Arelius Auditioning

How about a team sliding out with a 1/2 Championship by playing some very mediocre team(#8 yeah....uh right)( thats rankings were puffed up by AP voters to try and put some legitimacy to thier end result rankings)and barely sqeaked out because of bad officiating

Whilst the other 1/2 Champion played a real team(#3) with the real Heisman winner and throttled them convincingly

10. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

As a University of Kentucky fan, I would like to see my team go on probation for the full year and miss a bowl game. Also, in the recruiting screen, I need the option to flat out bribe my players with cash.