What's new

What channels does comcast have in HD? (1 Viewer)

Bradley_Z

Agent
Real Name
Bradley
When I go to their website they don't say which channels they offer. It just has some general description of how great HD is and some samples of channels they have. I already use comcast for my internet and cable, and I have 2 replay tvs and a tv tuner on my computer so it would be easier for me to use them than satellite. How can I find out what channels they have?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Bradley

Here in suburban Philadelphia, these are the HD channels: Comcast Sportsnet, ESPN,ESPN2,INHD,INHD2,TNT,Discovery,Universal HD (US Open tennis), MHD, ABC, NBC, CBS, HBO, CMAX,Show,Starz,Fox, 2PBS,TheCW

Just call your local Comcast Office and they will tell you which channels are available in your neighborhood, and they will send you a line-up card if you ask for it :)

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
What HD channels are available depends on where you are. In my area we get ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, ESPN & ESPN2, INHD1, INHD2, UHD and Discovery-HD in the basic and classic digital packages. Beginning Sept. 1 they will be adding 2 or 3 more HD channels to basic digital package.

There quite a few more HD channels available in the premium packages.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
In Chicago we are very limited. In fact they just took away inhd2 and replaced it with MOJO. The movies on INHD are always pan and scan if they were originally 2/35:1. Very frustrating!!!!!
i wish I knew Chicago has such a poor selection!

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, it's pretty easy to find out. Go to the TitanTV web site and enter the specifics: cable provider, digital and go to the grid. Titan can be configured to annotate whether a channel is HD.

YMMV

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
If you go to www.comcast.com, select 'Channel Lineup' at the bottom of the page and then enter your address and zip code, it will show you the HD channels for your area. Here's the HD lineup in my area (South of Boston - Note the channel numbers are in the 800's and the disclaimers below):

802 WGBH PBS (Boston**) High-Definition TV
804 WBZ CBS (Boston**) High-Definition TV
805 WCVB ABC (Boston**) High-Definition TV
807 WHDH NBC (Boston**) High-Definition TV
825 WFXT FOX (Boston**) High-Definition TV
828 MHD Music
833 TNT HD High-Definition TV
838 WSBK-38 (UPN) HD High-Definition TV
839 Discovery HD*** High-Definition TV
846 Universal HD High-Definition TV
849 ESPN HD*** High-Definition TV
850 ESPN 2 HD High-Definition TV
851 NESN HD High-Definition TV
856 WLVI-56 (WB) HD High-Definition TV
868 Cinemax HD*** High-Definition TV
870 HBO HD*** High-Definition TV
875 STARZ! HD*** High-Definition TV
877 Showtime HD*** High-Definition TV
881 INHD1*** High-Definition TV
882 INHD2/NESN HD*** High-Definition TV

** HD local broadcast signals are included with Basic Service subscription and HD cable box (see equipment pricing). *** Minimum service level required to receive this channel.

Chris*L

Auditioning
Basically, depending on your market, you will get:
1. The Brodcast Networks local Affiliate (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, The CW)
2. TNTHD, Discovery HD, Music High Definition, INHD 1 and 2
3. HD Premium Channels (HBO)
4. Local Networks (Sports)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks