What's new

What center channel speaker to get? (1 Viewer)

r00tbeer

Auditioning
Real Name
Ian
I have a sort of conundrum... Below is my setup. I want a center channel, but i know my girl will NOT want a stand on the floor. There isn't enough room on the top of the cabinet for a decent size speaker because it will block the TV. The top section is 5.5" tall.

So... are there any center channel speakers that also have a flat piece for a tv stand? Do i just buy a small center and stick it in the top section? I'm open to suggestions.

24821367563_14af99b633_k.jpg

Salacious Ackbar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
How big is the bottom shelf or possibly the shelf above that? You could get a decent sized speaker for that space, from the looks of it and get some isolation foam or something to angle it up.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
You could buy or build a TV stand that you could put your TV on - and your center channel inside of. Would raise the TV up a little bit, but then you could get whatever center channel matches your fronts.

You could also build a shelf above the TV - and point the matching center speaker down a little.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I attached rails to the back of my TV and made a shelf for my speaker. The rails mount where the TV would normally be attached to a wall mount. I also have the shelf braced in the back with legs down to the stand (completely hidden from view). It easily holds my 22 lb speaker.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
If you don't already have a center channel keep in mind that you want to try to match it to the main speakers of your system. The size of the matching center speaker will determine how you want to proceed with getting integrated into you entertainment center.

Several member have already given great ideas for you to think about. Depending on size you could always put the TV on top of the center unless it's just too small. Another option not mentioned yet would be something like this center speaker shelf. You could also get two of these smaller shelfs if the center is too long for the single self. Between these, the VESA bracket, and the TV riser I'm sure you can get something to work with your setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks