What CD Burner Software Can You Assign Track Number?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Casey H, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Casey H

Casey H Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know what burner software you can assign a track a specific title (ex. sine 10 = 10, sine 11 = 11, etc.) And if so what is the procedure? Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks, Casey [​IMG]

2. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

You're probably better off asking this in the Computers and HTPC forum. An admin will probably move it for you.

As to your question, all the CD recording software I've seen assigns track number based on the order you place the tracks prior to writing them. Just put the track you want assigned as track 1 first and it will be track 1. Now, if you want to RENAME the title of track 1, most software just requires a double click on the track, or a right click and rename (just like a Windows file).

3. Casey H

Thanks Jeff,

That's fine if it is moved. The reason I ask is I have seen other members posts (can't find now) that have stated they burned their Cd's with a track number that correlates with the frequency of the sine wave they are playing.

Thanks, Casey

4. Casey H

Neil or other Admins,

I posted this in the Computers and HTPC area, so you can delete if necessary.

Thanks, Casey

5. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

1) Your burner must support CD-Text (few do)

2) Any major software will do it. I use Nero, works fine. You have to make sure to set CD Text to enabled in the dialog boxes.

-Vince

6. Chris Tabor

Chris Tabor Stunt Coordinator

Nero is what i use. Its a very good program, even lets you name your tracks if you have a text cd player. You can download the demo version off there website if you want to try it out, or [MODERATOR REMOVED INSTRUCTIONS & ENCOURAGEMENT ON DOWNLOADING STOLEN SOFTWARE]

7. Ben Jordan

Ben Jordan Stunt Coordinator

Ben
    Casey,
    To burn a CD with the track number that corresponds to the sine being played, simply make a 1Hz sine, and make that as track 1, 2Hz for 2, etc. You won't use those really low ones, but you could simply skip to track 10, which would be 10Hz, and so on. Any and every software that lets you burn an audio CD will work. I suggest Nero Burning ROM. It has a great help file to get you started.
    http://www.nero.com
    To create the sine waves, you can use NCH Tone Generator. http://www.nch.com.au/tonegen/index.html

8. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Just note that you can't go beyond track 99 on a CD, so you'll need a different numbering technique if you plan on using sine waves higher than 99 Hz. Perhaps 5 hz increments--multiply the track # by 5 to get the frequency.

KJP

9. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Second Unit

If your files are in mp3 format just edit the ID3 tag. Set the file to the track number you want and organise the file by track before burning.

P.S. Fuerio! is the best burning software.

10. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i'm confused (yes, i know that's not hard to do) -
    why would you want to record the sine wave in the song title? just for housekeeping purposes? or am i completely missing the boat? [​IMG]

11. Casey H

Thanks for the input all!

Ted,

It makes it easier to know what track you are listening to if it correlates with the track number (ex. Track 10 is a 10Hz sine wave).

Casey