What canare connector matches the Belden 1505F

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Vince Maskeeper, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Want to start building with the 1505 in addition to the Lv-77, but I can't seem to get a straight answer on what connector to use.

Anyone have a lookup chart and know what the right series of connectors for this cable? Belden says the C42 series from canare, ie the RCAP-C42-- anyone ever built with these?

-vince

2. Mike SJ

Mike SJ Supporting Actor

3. Michael__M

Michael__M Stunt Coordinator

4. Cornelius

Cornelius Stunt Coordinator

Canare lists the C4F for the 1505A, but that has a 20 gauge center conductor, while the 1505F has a smaller 22 gauge conductor (straight from Belden's website, which conflicts with the data shown at bluejeanscable.com, which says there data comes direct from Belden!)- therefore, I wouldn't use the C4F.

I don't even see the C42 on Canare's chart. I'd try calling Canare directly.

CJ

PS- Is there another cable that would meet your needs? Are you looking for better flexibility than the LV-77, or better specs for longer pulls?

5. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Canare seems to have a weird series of connectors for Belden stuff, that is not otherwise listed on their site (the 53 connector that works best with 1694 & 7710 is not listed anywhere either, I don't believe).

I am simply adding the 1505 due to customer requests. I'm happy with LV77 personally, but I like to offer options, and if someone has made 1505 popular, I'd like to offer it as an option.

-Vince

6. Claude D D

Claude D D Auditioning

I've built several 1505F cables using the RCAP-C4F connectors and they work perfect.The crimp sleeve can be a little snug to slide in place.But otherwise they fit nice.The die I use is the TCD-451CA.