What can you do if Drivers start...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jul 12, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

For those of us stuck in traffic on the Garden State Parkway tonight(And I would like to think that there was a fellow HTF person there with us, because a liscence plate had those three letters on it, heh), you knew there was a horrible accident.

Sadly, at least one person didn't make it, but here's what gripes me. The Side lanes are supposed to be for emergencies. Yet, you see these idiots driving in it, trying to get around everything. it didn't help matters when a tow truck was trying to get through to someone else in need of aid.

Is there anything we can do to try and get these idiots caught? I don't think calling the local police would be the proper procedure for this...

Thanks

2. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan

3. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

Nathan is right, we need to report these impatient drivers so they can learn a lesson once in a while.

Another one of my big pet peeves is the ones that ride past all the people waiting to get on the exit ramp and then try to sneak in front of everybody else. What they don't realize is if we didn't have people going to front and cutting in line and slowing traffic down there probably wouldn't be any traffic on the exit ramps to begin with. Boy do I hate it when they jump in line. I feel so bad for the car in front of me because I always ride him so close making sure nobody is going to get in front of me.

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>Note the make, model, and plate # and where you observed the illegal activity and call it in. >>

That's the problem. There had to be at LEAST 15 cars, and 5 motorcycles that decided to take this extra lane. WAY too many to memorize. I also wondered if the Highway Patrol might have a number we could have called to catch these idiots and sit in wait somewhere for the next person to try it.

5. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer
    Supporter

I was recently in a city which has HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes. These lanes have times where you are not allowed to use them if you have only one occupant in the car. I was stuck in traffic and noticed a lot of cars with only one occupant cruising down these lanes to get to the head of the line. Here we are following the rules about not using these lanes and these bastards are using them to queue jump. The thing was, people actually let them in. I wouldn't have done that. I would have made sure the bastards sat there and waited until the end of the line reached them, which, judging by the amount of traffic, would have been at 8 PM.