What's new

What can we expect to see in Star Wars Ep II? (1 Viewer)

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought i'd ask what is the basic story outline for ep II, I mean will we "see" darth vader? I mean helmet and all etc?
Does anyone know any details (without ruining the film)
cheers.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Assuming that you know that Anakin is Darth Vader, I will explain what I know about Ep II:
Darth Vader is introduced in Ep III or IV, it depends. He is "created" in Ep III. Spoiler:Anakin falls into a volcano during a battle, but is rescued and his body is combined with robot parts, making him into Darth Vader as we know himThe plot of Ep II is that the Empire creates clones of the Jedi knights to fight them. Meanwhile, Anakin is brought to the dark side by the emperor, and by the beginning of Ep III, Luke and Leia are born.
I don't know everything, but those are some basic details. No, we won't see Vader (and if we do, he won't have the helmet and all).

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
It's likely that we will see Vader in his masked glory at the end of Episode III. The spoiler information that Morgan presents is from Fall of the Republic which you can read here . While this treatment is widely regarded as bogus, many parts of the story including information in Morgan's spoiler are supported by many official Star Wars reference materials such as The Star Wars Encyclopedia. Also, current rumor suggests that Spoiler:the clones are of Jango Fett (Boba's father and not a Jedi) who are seen in later films as Stormtroopers. Also, predominant speculation is that we will see the birth of Luke and Leia will be at the end of Episode 3.
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Three words...more Jar Jar!!
laugh.gif

Just kidding. Hopefully it will be a bit darker, much like ESB was. Hopefully...

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Here are some semi-reliable (yeah right) E2 rumors I've been told.. naturally, possible spoilers so read with caution.
1) Movie opens with Obi-Wan and Anakin searching for an assassin who attempted to kill Queen Amidala.
2) The search eventually leads to the discovery of clones on some planet at the film's conclusion.
3) During the search, Anakin makes a pit stop on Tatooine. His mother is killed by Tusken Raiders. Anakin enacts his own style of revenge (ie: not what a good jedi would do)
4) Obi encounters Jango Fett (Boba's dad) in his search and has a spectacular battle in the rain...somewhere.
5) The end features a massive battle on the clone world with jedis versus clones with Palpatine manipulating the whole thing. Reportedly he convinces Anakin that Amidala is dead (they've been romancing the entire movie) and Anakin almost comes to blows with Obi over her "death". More dark side foreshadowing.
6) By the end of the film, Anakin is balancing precariously on the edge of the dark side but he's still "good".
Obviously lots more going on but those are some of the plot points I've heard. Jar Jar is only in the very beginning, like 5 minutes, I've read.
------------------

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator
What? Jar-Jar is in it for the first 5 minutes then he gets killed - maybe?
I hope its by a huge six-wheeler, which then reverses over him just to make sure.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This might have spoilers:
Jar-Jar was a big character in Ep I (more than comic relief) and I heard he has a very dramatic death in Ep II or III.
Anakin goes to Tattooine and finds his mother dead. This starts make him go to the dark side.
Senator Palpatine is the Emperor, and he eventually gets Anakin to be a bad guy. In Ep III, Anakin is the Emperor's apprentice (after Darth Maul was killed, he doesn't have one anymore. Qui-Gonn Jin's original apprentice was killed, too, then he became Obi-Wan's master). By the end of Ep III, Luke and Leia are both born. Luke is sent to Tattooine (I don't know much about that) while Leia is kept with Amidala on Naboo. That is how Leia becomes royalty and part of the government and rebel alliance.
Ep II and III are supposed to get darker from film to film. Ep II starts off lighter because Amidala and Anakin are married and in love (I think they are married) and by the end, Anakin is either bad or is on the brink (he is bad for all of Ep III). Ep III is supposed to be very dark.
The title of Ep II is about the clone wars. The Empire clones the Jedi Knights and uses them to kill MOST of the Jedi (Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda all survive, probably some others). This is actually hinted at in Ep IV when Luke is on the bog planet with Yoda and has the dream where he chops his own head off. This was supposed to show how he somehow knew about his father killing "himself" (his clone) during the clone wars. Interesting little tidbit.
Yes, there is a LOT of lightsaber fighting. Especially when you have a bunch of Jedi running around and fighting eachother.

Jaime m

Agent
Just to clear up some of Ep 2 plot, The clones are not of the Jedi but are cloned from Jango Fett. This is were the republic gets it's clone army from that eventually turns into the imperial storm troopers.So bottom line is while there will be lots of jedi's maybe hundreds they will not be fighting other light saber wielding opponents
Also Hayden Christensen who plays Anakin recently said in an interview that by the end of AOTC that his turn to the dark side has begun but that he is still somewhat "good". Of course these are all still rumors until the movie comes out but these are the more consistent rumors.
ALERT!! BE PREPARED TO READ MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF SPOILERS IN THE POSTS BELOW!!!!
[Edited last by Jaime m on September 13, 2001 at 05:27 PM]

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
*MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!*
*MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!*
*MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!*
Spoiler:
The Jedi aren't cloned.
Jar Jar only has about five minutes of total screen time (we see him at the beginning and the ending).
The Clonetroopers (as well as Boba Fett) are all cloned from mercenary Jango Fett (who is an intense badass).
There is A LOT more action this time out, in fact, "Attack of the Clones" probably boasts more action than any of the previous SW flicks.
THE ACTION SEQUENCES...
The initial assassination attempt on Padme that opens the film. Many lose their lives as an explosion rocks a landing platform after Padme's Flying Wing has landed.
The second assassination attempt is thwarted by Obi-Wan and Anakin, which leads to the spectacular chase sequence through the cityscape of Coruscant. Anakin "borrows" a yellow "hot-rod" speeder and he and Obi-Wan give chase to bounty hunter Zam Wesell in her souped up speeder.
The chase leads to the seedy lower levels of Coruscant where Wesell attempts to lose the Jedi when she ducks into a nightclub. This sequence is one big homage to the scene in the original SW movie. Obi-Wan cuts off Zam's arm at the elbow after she attempts to shoot him. He and Obi-Wan drag her out to the alley, but she is killed by Jango Fett (with the use of a Kyber Dart) before she can reveal who hired her. The two Jedi look up to see Jango blast off into the Coruscant skyline, via his rocket pack.
Obi-Wan's fateful confrontation with Jango Fett on the planet Kamino. This is where the clone army is secretly being manufactured. The battle between the two will boast a ton of eye candy and should be one of the true highlights of the movie. Fett ends up escaping, but not before Obi-Wan is able to attach a tracker to the hull of Slave-1.
The asteroid field chase. After Fett realizes that Obi-Wan is following him, he attempts to lose the Jedi Master in an asteroid field. Obi-Wan barely avoids losing his life, but Jango believes him to be dead as he heads for the planet Geonosis. Again, Obi-Wan follows the tracker as he heads for the planet Geonosis.
The dog-fight. Obi-Wan approaches the planet and sees two Droid Control Ships orbiting the planet. Droid Fighters are dispatched and Obi-Wan is able to escape to the planet's surface.
Obi-Wan's capture. After discovering the massive droid army on Geonosis (droid armies were banned after the Battle of Naboo 10 years prior), Obi-Wan does battle with several Massiffs (lizard-like dogs) and Geonosian Flyers (Geonosian guards that have wings). He is able to fend them off with his lightsaber before he is ultimately captured.
Anakin and the Tusken Raiders. After his mother dies in his arms on Tatooine, Anakin seeks vengeance and wipes out an entire camp of Tusken Raiders, including the women and children. His long journey toward the dark side has begun.
Anakin and Padme's capture on Geonosis. After receiving Obi-Wan's distress call, Anakin and Padme (along with R2-D2 and C-3PO) head for the planet Geonosis. Upon their arrival, they seek out Obi-Wan only to find a horde of battle droids and former Jedi Master Count Dooku. Anakin does battle with the droids before he and Padme are captured. All the while, the droids have remained on their ship.
The arena "games". Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme are thrown into the gigantic arena and forced to battle for their lives against three huge beasts (the Reek, the Nexu, and the Acklay), much to the delight of the thousands upon thousands of Geonosians who've filled the seats of the arena. Count Dooku is looking on in his VIP box with Poggle the Lesser and Nute Gunray. This scene is said to be spectacular as the two Jedi and young Senator battle the ferocious beasts, ultimately killing two of them (the Nexu and the Acklay). This is why Padme's white outfit has been ripped up.
All hell breaks loose in the arena. The Jedi show up and the battle begins. Hundreds of Jedi battle the massive droid army (battle droids, Droidekas, and the Super Battle Droids). This is also where we see Mace Windu go head to head with Jango Fett in what promises to be the film's best action sequence. Jango ultimately kills Jango (by cutting his head off). Still, the Jedi are vastly out-numbered by the droid army and are on the verge of being wiped out before...
The arrival of the Clonetroopers. The Senate has ordered the Jedi to retrieve the clone army from the world of Kamino for what turns out to be the first battle of the Clone Wars. Led by Master Yoda, the Clonetroopers engage the droid army and turn the tide of the battle. While this has been going on, Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi has led a group of Jedi on one of the now grounded Droid Control Ships (they sit just outside the arena). When he throws the switch, the droid army doesn't respond. It seems that the ships are decoys and the droids are no longer controlled from there.
As this is happening, C-3PO and R2-D2 have made their way to the factory floor of the area where the droids are built. It is believed that R2 ultimately shuts the droids down from this location.
The Duel. Anakin and Obi-Wan have caught up to Count Dooku and a fierce lightsaber duel ensues. Dooku was a legendary member of the Jedi Order and is proving to be too much for both Anakin and Obi-Wan. Dooku has wounded them both during the battle and is on the verge of killing them before...
Yoda arrives. In this sequence we see why Yoda is THE Master. He easily defeats Dooku and is about to destroy him.
YODA: "The end of you Count, this is."
Dooku isn't finished yet, he is able to destroy a large crane that sits above where Anakin and Obi-Wan are. The massive crane is about to fall on them, but Yoda holds it up through the Force. Dooku uses this opportunity to escape to this ship. He lifts off as Yoda lowers the crane to another area. Dooku has escaped, along with other members of his "alliance", who have also managed to escape with the means of creating another massive droid army. We see these ships disappear into hyperspace, as well as Slave-1 (now being piloted by the distraught Boba Fett).
The film ends with us seeing Anakin and Padme secretly marrying on Naboo, while the Jedi Council discusses the massive losses they've sustained in this "victory". Obi-Wan and Yoda are talking about things as we see hundreds of Clone Transports fill the Coruscant sky as the Clonetroopers are being sent off to battle, much to the delight of Chancellor Palpatine. The Great Clone War has begun.

[Terry, I added the spoiler function so it is hidden. Mike Voigt]
[Edited last by Mike Voigt on September 15, 2001 at 07:42 AM]

Jaime m

Agent
Please make sure to warn of massive amount of spoilers.
while some people want to know some information here and there, if you are going to basically tell the entire plot of the movie be sure to hide the most sensitive of the plot elements.If they want to know all, that is up to them but give everyone else a chance to decide.Thank you.
[Edited last by Jaime m on September 13, 2001 at 05:25 PM]
[Edited last by Jaime m on September 13, 2001 at 05:26 PM]

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
TerryRL,
Thanks for giving a very complete and clear summary of the plot. BUT, you should have put a spoiler tag on that summary! You've given away the entire movie in great detail! I read the EP. II scriptment and know that what you have posted is an extremely accurate description of what is known. Not everyone wants to be that informed about the plot.
That said, I am very encouraged by what I've read to this point. I think that it's going to be an excellent movie. I'm not sure if AOTC will be considered to be a 'darker' film like ESB. Rather, I think that it will be an action film with serious, dark overtones.
Perhaps if Terry doesn't go back and do it himself an administrator could go in and put a spoiler tag on.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind knowing the plot and story, considering that the entire aspect of seeing it is missing.
Now that I know the plot, its no wonder that most of the film is CGI. I don't think they can do all that stuff without it.
I heard that the third film is supposed to be the darkest of the 6. Anakin is totally evil and is with the Senator. Ep II is dark, but Ep III is darker.
I can't wait.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Sorry about that. I could've sworn I put a big spoiler tag on it. Again, my apologies everyone.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
I put a few spoiler tags on it. Again, my apologies to anyone who wasn't prepared for that.

ShaneP

Stunt Coordinator
No REAL spoilers here, just guidance with the direction the Star Wars saga will procede.
Some are using the term "Empire". All I can say is - NOT YET. Chancellor Palpatine has not yet become the Emperor in EpII. He is still building his power and influence over governments and organizations. One of the largest of these being the Trade Federation which will eventually become the firepower of the Empire. This is the same Trade Federation that blockaded Naboo in EpI with Senator Palpatine (Darth Sidious) pulling strings from afar. For a history of the Trade Federation, and the Empire for that matter, head over to http://www.starwars.com
------------------
Go Beavs!
Let's get Better Off Dead on DVD!
[Edited last by ShaneP on September 13, 2001 at 10:52 PM]

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Link Removed
In addition to seeing some kick ass lightsaber action, and Watto's look for Episode II, we observe the humorous situation of Mr. Lucas being locked out of ILM in the morning. Here's a billionare standing around in an empty parking lot sipping his coffee as he waits for the guy to open up for the day. Some very cool stuff, and a defineate pick-me-up in such a horrible time.
------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist
[EDIT: Since the UBB bug against long URLs is still in effect, the link posts to a redirect page to take you to the MOV file.]
[Edited last by Adam Lenhardt on September 14, 2001 at 08:50 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks