What can we expect/Do you want from the Next Firmware upgrade from Toshiba

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
What's the scuttlebutt? Is there scuttlebutt? What would you like to see? Personally, I'd love to have faster boot up time and a resume play feature. Other than those two issues, I'm really pleased with my HD-A1.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
There's still some HDMI=>DVI color and contrast issues that need to be fixed.

The internal audio test tones have a problem.

The bass output level should be examined.

They could tweak the boot-up and hardware detection process to enable faster initialization.

I also like my HD-A1 very much, but Toshiba still has some issues to resolve that firmware 2.0 did not address.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Those, and furthermore, I would like to be able to change output resolution "on the fly", i.e. go from 480i->480p->720p->1080i while the movie keeps playing (and rather fast).
So no need to stop the film and/or open the tray. Thus it's easier to judge the effect.

Cees

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Fix the HDMI handshaking problems and the out of sync problems with the audio.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
1) Faster boot time
2) Resume play for HD-DVDs and proper resume play for DVDs

That is all

Jim Douglas

Second Unit

This would be my number one issue also. Since updating to V2.0 my A1 looks like crap. I'm changing to component this weekend and I'll see if that corrects the black crush problem.

Has anybody heard a time frame of a new update? I have an A2 on order but would still like the updates to keep coming for the A1. It will be moving to the bedroom system.

Jim

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I don't think another update has even been hinted at from Toshiba. If anyone knows differenty, please let us know.

Cypher204

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Del Monte
hmm what to fix...the blur I've gotten from the 2.0 update, this stretch problem with video I've been having since I first got the player and the low bass output in analog setup. (That way I can hear this Dolby TrueHD everyones talking about.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom

Hmmm. Methinks some people like their 360 TOO MUCH.

Seriously, the analog outs are essential for me, so as attractive as the 360 combo is, it isn't for me. I couldn't be happier, however, that so many people are buying them and enjoying them. And at the price, it's a steal.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
The player still occasionally freezes for an instant and when it resumes, the picture and sound are out of sync. This and the endless load-up times are my two bugaboos.

compson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I don't expect it to happen, but I'd like to see nonanamorphic disks pillarboxed through component outs.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rolynarole