1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What can I get for a Sony DB 930?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Drew Bethel, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Thinking of selling good ole faithful for an upgrade. It's in perfect condition except for the burnt out volume knob light which is very common according to most owners.

2. RolandM

RolandM Stunt Coordinator

Any warranty left on it? (I'm guessing not since it is quite a few years old as a model but you never know--some people manage to find NOS finds on older products and it could be still under warranty. Or you could have some extended on it or something).

Anyway the DB930 is an excellent receiver for its range/price point. It does lack some of the features in today's newer receivers, but the DB930 was probably one of the highest quality DB receivers from Sony, beating out later models like the re-badged DA1/2ES and some "pure" ES models even.

You're right the volume knob light goes on a lot of them, a very minor but common problem...

I see them go on eBay usually for between $150-$200 US for the most part. IMO it isn't really justice for that receiver.

The reason why I wrote the above praise of the unit was because you might be better off keeping it for another room or something instead of selling it. If you think $150-$200 is fair though, you should go ahead and sell it. I'm just saying if you could make use of a second receiver, you probably won't find anything too much better for that price.

3. George Caronan

George Caronan Stunt Coordinator

I bought one and set it up for my parents' home theater. It is now mated with Polk speakers in a 5.1 configuration and it still sounds good. It has some heft to it given it was their mid-line receiver at the time.

4. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

The warranty is long gone on this as I bought it in 2000.
    Thanks guys, you make some good points and maybe I will hang on to this receiver and use it in another room. [​IMG]