What can be done to improve Whammy!?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jan 4, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

There's just something missing. It's not as fun as the orignal show.

I like some of the imrpovements, now thaT I've seen a complete episode. But the excitement level dosn't match up as much as it still does with the original show...

Any other fans agree?

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I know what you mean. I think they need to move the audience to where the contestants can see them. That might make for more fun.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Bring back the first question round. Currently, the first round is rather pointless. Part of the fun is the strategy with choosing to spin or pass your spins to someone else to try and screw them.
    Get some better prizes. "That prize is worth $155!" Woooooohhhh! [​IMG] The older show gave away a lot more good stuff.
    Also, give away more cash and fewer prizes.
    Bring back the big "fog horn" sound for landing on a whammy.

4. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Haven't seen it in a while, but this is what I remember.
    - Get rid of the Gem Car! Who the hell wants to win a glorified golf cart?
    - Add more double Whammies! There's nothing more satisfying than to see tons of junk fall on the contestants! How about some jello? Or shredded financial print-outs (including one accidently shredded Whammy)? [​IMG]
    - BETTER PRIZES! Actually, I wouldn't mind winning a portable DVD player myself. But too many of the other prizes are incredibly lame! They really need to get better sponsors offering better prizes.
    - Describe the prizes! I don't mind the free plugs since they let me know exactly what the contestants have actually won. Did they win a Sony DVD player? A Panasonic? An Apex? And what about the computers? Dell? Gateway? HP? We know The Price Is Right is somewhat of an hour long commercial for various prizes, but it's fun to learn what the contestants have actually won or lost! Let us in on the action!

5. Jeff Keene

Jeff Keene Supporting Actor

I can hardly watch it.

Especially as for a while they were showing the old one right before it (are they still doing that?). The comparison made the new one suffer.

I even liked the old "Second Chance" better than "Press Your Luck", so I might be the worng person to ask.

I agree with the comments above.

6. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    add the question round in the beginning and newer double whammys more often. once you see the same double whammys 50 times it isnt as funny any more.

there already is a shredded whammy. i think its the one were he ends up in a cannon that shoots straight up into the ceiling.

the gem car is a joke. do they still have that?
    impossable to win too.

7. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, is there a fan response email on the GSN website? Maby we could start a 'change the Whammy! show' campaign and see if they actually impliment some of the changes.

Another thing that bugs me is the oval board. On the old show, you could see the contestant clearly in the giant middle square, and all the prizes in the smaller surrounding ones. On the new one, the prize squares are tough to read, and the contestant circle is too small.

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

9. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    info on the origional press your luck....
    gsn will air the the entire larson ep.

this is the one were i guy figured out the pattern on the board and won over $110,000
    hasnt aired in years. and will have a doc included in the airing about the man and how he did it.

first airing march 16,2003, with rerun to follow.