What cables do I need -- BNC, DVI, Component, What??

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Ben Mecham, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Ben Mecham

Ben Mecham Agent

I'm getting ready to run cables in the wall for a new BenQ PE8700 projector. I have a Denon 3805, and I'm planning on using the component video switching and upconversion it offers to switch between the DVD player, Xbox, and HDTV tuner.
    My question is: what cables should I run to be future-proof and give me the ultimate in upgradeability, along with giving me the best performance with what I have?
    The projector has DVI-I, component RCA, and the 5 BNC connectors. Do I need the BNC ones to use the progressive scan of the DVD player? If so, then do I get a component RCA to BNC cable? And what type is best used for an HDTV box? Can I use progressive RCA into the receiver to switch? Will that still give me 1080i ?
    Sorry for all the questions, but as you can probably tell, I'm a little confused. HELP!!

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Ed*Wheaton

Ed*Wheaton Agent

I was surfing the net the other day an was on the Radio Shack site.I was looking for a optical cable splitter or something that would let me plug more than one device via optical cable into my receiver which unfortunately has 1 optical input jack in the rear.I found a 4-way digital optical selector which allows 4 different devices to connect to your receiver at once,it has a switch that you turn to select whatever device you want to come through the receiver at that time.I f anyone has this product or knows about this product could you let me know it it's a good thing or not.The prod. # if anyone would to see it is 15-1586.The price is just $14.97 U.S.

Thanks

Ed

3. Ben Mecham

Ben Mecham Agent

Also, I will probably be hooking a PC up to the projector in the near future... I assume DVI would be the best for that.