What's new

what brown can do (1 Viewer)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
My problem is always with the FedEx people. One instance a few years ago...I had a replacement hard drive for my computer overnighted (before 10:30am). I checked the tracking online around 10am and it said no one was there to accept package and they would try again tomorrow. So I went to the front door...no door tag from FedEx.

After spending half a day on the phone with FedEx customer service, I finally decided to go pick up the thing when the driver got back to the facility. As I'm walking out to my car, the delivery truck pulls up.

My USPS girl (she's a cutie) is great about delivering packages, and UPS is never a problem either. I've even been on my way out halfway down the street on days I was expecting a package and they will stop and hand me the package in the middle of the street.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
My problem is always with the FedEx people
.....don't like this thread right now. I'm waiting on my replacement lamp for my RP Sony...I did not have a spare sitting on shelf.
....and its coming FedEx.

Right now I'm watching out my front windows: singing in 6 yr old voice "Oh the wells fargo wagons coming down the street....."

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I have had bad experiences with UPS, USPS, Fed Ex, and DHL.

But, one of the good things about owning a small business is that we get packages delivered by UPS almost every day, usually by the same driver. Once he or she gets to know us, they seem to care a little more and will go to extra lengths to get our stuff to us.

So I always have my personal stuff delivered here at work as well.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Yes, Mark, all delivery systems suck.

And, all airlines suck, too. And all HVAC installers, they suck. And oil companies suck. The weather sucks. And the local city government sucks. The radio station I'm listening to now sucks also, as does the satelitte TV company I am beholden to. My cell phone sucks. The diamond industry sucks. The newsmedia suck. Today's top-grossing movies suck. My contractors suck. This filthy berber carpet sucks.

And I feel quite sucky at the moment, as well.

Mark, pretty much everything sucks, I think.

:frowning:

MC

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Never had a problem with any of them. I only live a mile and a half from the FedEx office so going there to pick stuff up after work is no hassle.

I was once expecting a dvd player (Zenith DVB-318) to be delivered to my home from via FedEx on a Saturday on which I had to work and their office isn't open late on Saturday so I was resigned to waiting until Monday evening to get my new toy. I happened to spot the FedEx truck at work that afternoon, the back door was open and I saw a Zenith DVD player box inside. I waited for the driver, showed him my driver's license and asked him if by chance that player was going to the address on the license. He said yes and handed it to me and got my sig. I was very happy!!

EugeneR

Second Unit
I've definitely had better luck with FedEx. They are cheaper if you ship, and I've had better luck with home deliveries as well. On numerous occasions I've had stuff show up earlier than scheduled (once, I had an item ordered one day from NY and shipped via FedEx ground show up in two days) and on several occasions, FedEx drivers attempted deliveries twice when no one was home the first time. UPS has never delivered anything early (late, sure) and I've never seen an attempted re-delivery. I've had occasions with both where something requiring a signature was simply left on the front step.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Believe it or not, I use the Postal Service almost invariably. UPS and/or FedEx only come in when it's something which just can't reasonably go by USPS, and then I'm very careful about packing, communication with recipient, and so forth. So far I've had good luck. Of course, there's a pack&mail place [as well as a Post Office] right near the house, so we're pretty much on the route for the various drivers.

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator

He isn't. Drivers are expected to put packages in plastic bags if there is any risk of them being damaged by weather. Since driver's typically have to bust their hump every day this adds another layer of fun to the equation. Especially during peak season, when you are delivering 2-2.5x your normal delivery volume.

Hope this helps to provide a little insight if not understanding.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Just so you know: I totally dig that. I am sure, as mentioned before, I just got a couple bad apples ruining the bushel for me that day.

It's sometimes strange how we react to what we know is a complex and convoluted system (that usually works perfectly) when it screws up a little.

The infrastructure is so so fragile.

MC

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks