what brand receiver should I use with NHT's?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by PeterN, Feb 28, 2004.

1. PeterN

PeterN Stunt Coordinator

Anybody know what mates up well with NHT speakers?

2. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

I have Denon and I like the result, but you should go by what *your* ears like. It's best if you can audition different combos.

3. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

PeterN:

Welcome to HTF.

The first thing you ought to do is decide what you need in a receiver in terms of a feature-set, and then decide on a price range. Then, consider that receivers of similar specification will provide similar results; you've already chosen the part of the "sound chain" that has a much, much larger effect on the eventual "sound" of your rig.

Once you've narrowed it down to a few choices, then, ideally, you ought to audition a few candidates in your system. You might find that something else--aesthetics, user interface, tweakable options--eventually forces your hand, and not necessarily a large difference in performance.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    What price range?

I have heard them hooked to a Denon 3803, and felt it was a bit flat, but very clean. Since they are on the brighter side, I'd recommend listening to Marantz, NAD, Harman Kardon, then probably Denon, Pioneer Elite, as well as Onkyo if you don't find something that has what you are looking for.