What's new

What brand of TV did you purchase when you embraced 4K UHD? (1 Viewer)

What brand of TV did you purchase when you embraced 4K UHD?

• Sony

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Samsung

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • LG

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Vizio

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Sharp

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • TCL

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Hisense

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I attended my grandfather's funeral yesterday. He was 91 and his heart just suddenly stopped working; prior to that, he was of full sound mind, living independently (with a little support from friends and family) and I honestly thought that he had at least another five years left in him. I'm a month shy of my 38th birthday and I know how fortunate I am to have only just lost all four grandparents.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I owe my first widescreen, LCD television to his hand-me-down and I can't even begin to describe how much of a loss he's going to be.
I am very sorry for your loss, Simon. Losing a grandparent can be tough, especially if you were close.

I lost my maternal grandfather over 20 years ago, and I still miss him. We were quite close, and used to do many things together. I must have inherited his technical aptitude, as no one else in the family has those skills. He used to repair televisions as a hobby, and would get old broken sets for free, fix them, and then give them to the grandkids. I was the only kid I knew who had a TV in his bedroom growing up in the early 1970's. The sets were all black & white models that only received the VHF band channels (that's channels 2-13 for you youngsters ;)). That's actually how I became a Montreal Canadiens hockey fan growing up in southeastern Michigan. The local Detroit Red Wings were on Channel 20, which I couldn't get on my set. Instead, I grew up watching the Canadiens on Hockey Night in Canada via Channel 9 out of Windsor, Ontario.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks