What's new

What Brand of Receiver to Buy? (1 Viewer)

Matt`G

Agent
I've got a refurb H/K AVR-225 that I bought from SoundCity. The unit is in excellent condition. If I was not the one who purchased it, there is no way that I would know that it is refurbished. Everything works perfectly.

As others have said, there's no way to guarantee every refurbed product will have absolutely no scratches... but here's at least one case of a 'perfect' refurbished unit. The fact that I still have a full manufacturers warranty on the unit made my decision to buy it that much easier. Another way to look at a refurbished unit: it is probably less likely to fail than a regular unit. Each refurb must undergo a series of tests and checks before leaving H/K, whereas this type of QC is not possible on new units leaving the factory. I think this, in a way, makes up for the fact that the unit is not brand new off the line.

JohnSer

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,

FWIW, I have a number of refurbs from Harman Audio, which is the factory store for HK, JBL, and Infinity products. The two receivers I purchased looked almost brand new, and performed as new. CD and DVD players had small scratches in the lexan front panels. Infinity speakers appeared to be brand new. All came with full manufacturer warrantee. Also check-out Harman Audio's Ebay store. You typically can get product less than what HA advertises it for. Thats were I purchased all of my items.

JohnS

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Now that you talked him into a better sounding AVR, let's
see what speakers he had in mind that we can talk him out of!:D

I bought the HK 7200 refurb and love it. Traded up from a JVC and there is no sound comparison, much fuller and more powerful.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Sound City up'd their price today to $199 + some shipping.

Ecost had the AVR-125 refurb for $179 with free shipping, that is what I ordered for my brother-n-law & family.

I ordered him an AR 12" Sub for $114.00

I ordered him 3 sets of Yamaha NS-6390 8" woofer 3 way speakers.

I think it will be a great system for him and his family.

Good luck!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks