What's new

What brand of CASE should I get? (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I am looking for a case that is:
a. Pretty
b. has plenty of interior and exterior bays
c. If there is a power supply... it has to be AT LEAST 350 Watts.
d. Under $100 at retailers (Ok, I will go up to $125 if it is really, REALLY nice :) )
wadda you guys think? I have been looking at the Evercase E4252W005A thus far.
Thanks. :D

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
They aren't the most attractive cases in the world (they're usually plain ol' beige), but I love working inside either Antec or Inwin cases. I've yet to cut my hands!

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
What about good looking desktop cases (instead of towers) for building HTPCs that will sit in a rack? Every desktop case I see looks really cheesy. Anybody seen something that would look good (and blend in well) sitting with other home theater gear?

Martice

Screenwriter
I know you said your limit is $125.00 tops but you have to look at this one right here. I think I've made up my mind on what case I'm getting. Masood, thanks for all of your replies to my threads that you've responded to. I really appreciate yout input.

Ken Woodrow

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought this case, but it violates your $125 rule and does not include a power supply. But it's awesome looking and built like a tank. I haven't built it up yet, but there is a review of it over at AVSForum.
- Ken

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Antec 1040 (or 1040B if you want a black case) - 400 watt power supply, nice looking, retails for less than $125, plenty of bays, and nice extra features.

I have the 1030 now and love it; I'll be using the 1040B for my next case.

Oscar W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oscar
I'm torn between these:
0505 Predator
405 USB - Stainless Black
405 USB - Stainless Black -- hey that's my case! :D Actually got it from Colorcases about a year ago. Great case, lotta room inside, though it is a little large.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I have decided on the 307 USB - Zeus w/ Side Window from ColorCases... I figure with some lighting effects and a little 'Lutter magic' this baby will look great,
One last thing... should I get silver or blue? I am thinking blue. :D

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
That's a toughie. Are you planning on painting any of your drive bezels? With the bezels painted, they'll both look good. Without, I'd give the edge to the blue......err, silver.....umm, I don't think I can help you with this one.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
CoolerMaster most definatly has some gorgeous cases. Especialy
the Aluminum Case with Arcrylic Front Pannel (Expensive though).
No matter how many times I see it I just LOVE the looks of
the Antec SOHO Case.
SX1030.jpg

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2010998883

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Those Antec cases go for about $100 shipped (with 420watt PSU) at Newegg.com (they're rebranded under the Cheiftec name, same exact case though).

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
All great choices. The link below shows some of the fun stuff you can do to dress the case up.
Link Removed

Martice

Screenwriter
For the memeber who wanted to see some cases that might fit in the audio rack. Try this on for size. Link Removed
Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks