What boxsets are you listening to?

Greg.G

Stunt Coordinator
So many to choose from these days and many are quite well done.

I just got the T-Rex - 20th Century Superstar. Quite a good overview it is that shows the transition from Dylan/Tolkien inspired folkie to chart topper to has-been. Recommended.

I'm thinking of picking up The Jam - Direction Reaction Creation too.

I have other boxsets by Genesis, Pere Ubu, Police, Dylan, and Clash.

On a slightly different topic are there boxsets from favorite groups that you have avoided?

I've avoided The Who's Maximum R n' B for a while now since I have almost everything in it elsewhere

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
The other day I was reminded how much I enjoy my Muddy Waters: Chess Box. Great content and great sonics.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
King Crimson's Vol 1 of the 21st Century Guide to.

A few Deep Purple boxes.

I have the Who box, and I do know there are a few tracks on there not available anywhere else, but don't know them off the top of my head.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The last box set I picked up (and, man, it's been awhile) is Weird Tales Of The Ramones. It's not all encompassing but it's still a great set for Ramones fans and I love the EC Comic style cover.

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
"beg scream and shout: the big ol box of 60s soul" and "girl group sounds lost and found: one kiss can lead to another".

the jam box is really great. don't bother with the style council one, tho, unless, of course, you're a fan. well, i didn't like it as much as i thought i might.

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I just picked up and listened to "Johnny Cash : San Quentin the complete Concert."

Really nice, although, not much of a box set.

I have "The Doors: Perception" sitting on my shelf but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I also heard that the local HMV has the Phil Spector set "Back To Mono" on sale for $25, so that's a must buy for me tonight if it's true.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

There are a number of Chess Boxsets that are very good and that one is one of the best in my opinion.

Chris

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I bought that from Buy.com for about $10 recently. It is $14.99 with free shipping and if part of a $50 purchase using Google Checkout, you get $20 off. It is very good at any reasonable price.

Chris

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Just finished listening to "The Doors - Perception".

Very good set. I was kind of tired of The Doors, having listened to some of their greatest hits collection to death. I never had owned their actual studio albums though, and since I've been on a hi-rez, 5.1music kick, I picked this up on a deal ($70cdn). Bulky but pretty packaging, and the music sounds great. "L.A. Woman" is probably the best sounding album in 5.1, but kudus to Rhino for also mixing the bonus tracks in 5.1.

Great deal if your a Doors fan.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druiz23