What best matches the Klipsch RB5

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Gerard Martin, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin Second Unit

And is there a link that shows what newer models are good replacements for older. Your help sincerely appreciated.

2. Michael R Price

Michael R Price Screenwriter

Jerry,

What type of speakers are you looking for, and what is the rest of your system? Thanks.

3. Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin Second Unit

Klipsch RF3 main, C7 center, RB5 surrounds, was looking for a second pair of RB5, but no luck, thought the RB35 might be a good match as a surround.

4. Michael R Price

Michael R Price Screenwriter

Jerry, if you want you could buy a used pair of RB-5, they pop up on Ebay often, or someone at the Klipsch forum may be able to help you find a new pair. Anyway, the RB-35 is not a perfect match but I bet it's close enough; probably a closer match than your center speaker is to the mains.

5. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Hi Gerard,

I use the RB-35s for surrounds with the RB-75s for mains and the C7. Works out just fine to my liking. I'm 95% HT and this might not be the case with you? I do not plan on upgrading them in the future. Another pair of the 5s would be the absolute best but the 35s are very close. I had them teamed up with the 5 towers and that worked out well to but the 75s have the same tweeter as the C7 and I like a large book better ascetically. It sure would be nice to have all 5s though if your not in to much of a hurry.