What's new

What Bands/Solo Artists have you seen live? :) (1 Viewer)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
First was a local rock band called Magnum. Followed by well.. too many to mention really. I've really lost count.

The most memorable one was probably seeing Roger Waters and co peforming The Wall in Berlin, along with 300,000 others :)

MarkDu

Auditioning
First concert: Up with People, one of those kid-friendly faux-psychedelic groups our mom took us to, probably around 1968

In no particular order:

Eagles with Linda Ronstadt and an unknown named Jimmy Buffett opening, around 1976
Genesis 4X
Yes 4X (70’s, 80’s 90’s and 2000)
Emerson Lake & Palmer
Rush 2X
Foreigner
Sammy Hagar
Blue Oyster Cult 3X
Kansas
Journey
Peter Gabriel on his first solo tour in my college gymnasium
Alice Cooper
Grateful Dead 4X, including once at the legendary Winterland
The Who 3X, once with Keith Moon
Buddy Guy
Robert Cray Band
Arlo Guthrie
AC/DC
Supertramp
Joni Mitchell
Jethro Tull
Ted Nugent
Cheap Trick
Led Zeppelin (toward the end, about 1979)
Fish (the Scottish singer, ex-Marillion) 2X
Sarah McLachlan (met her backstage)
Simon and Garfunkel (one of their earlier mid- 80’s “reunion” shows)
Al Stewart 4X
Chuck Berry
Camel
Pretenders (loud!!!)
Bruce Hornsby 2X, including once solo
BB King

As my tastes have gotten jazzier:

Dave Brubeck 2X
George Shearing
Cedar Walton Trio
Bill Bruford’s Earthworks
Gonzalo Rubalcaba
Wynton Marsalis
Mel Torme
Keith Jarrett w/Jack DeJohnette and Gary Peacock
Pat Metheny
Larry Coryell
Charlie Haden

There are probably others...

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Let's see...

Aerosmith
The Eagles
Bon Jovi
Dave Matthews Band
Bruce Springsteen
Weird Al Yankovic
John Mellancamp
Pearl Jam
AC/DC (my favorite still)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I try to go to at least 2 per year, last Saturday night I went to see Yes for the first time. They haven't been to Australia since 1973 about 8yrs before I was born. I was blown away.

I'm going to see The White Stripes in a couple of weeks - should be good. I would love to see Aimee Mann live but I doubt she will make it to our shores anytime soon. :frowning:

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
First show Night Ranger Midnight Madness Tour 1984

Most recent show :actually Night Ranger again in March 2004. Still put on a good show, and since they haven't been big anywhere outside Japan for the last decade, tix were only $15, nice fringe benefit for following a band now on the fringe...

From the "how the mighty have fallen" file, I did technically see ASIA perform a couple of months ago (Sept 2004). It was just Geoff Downes (last original member) and the new singer John Payne. Anyway, it was an acoustic set at a Sacramento Borders Books Cafe at 12:30 pm on a random Wednesday. About 25 people showed up. What a difference 20 years makes...

The Wiggles 2003 (If you have a toddler at home, you will understand)

In between is as close to chronological order as I can remember

Portland OR

The aforementioned NR show
Quiet Riot 1984 (most ashamed of this one...they were terrible, some (then)unknown band called Whitesnake opened and blew them off the stage, and they weren't even that great...)
ZZTop 1985
Sammy Hagar 1985
Journey (with The Outfield opening) 1985
Night Ranger (with Quarterflash opening) 1985 - most fun I've had at a concert
Huey Lewis (with Bruce Hornsby opening) 1986

SF Bay Area

Van Hagar 1986
The Nylons (Canandian acapella group) 1987, 1991, 1993
Phil Collins -Hello, I must be going tour
RUSH - Roll the Bones tour
Day on the green with Night Ranger, Foreigner, and The Allman Brothers Band (NR was a 3 piece with a new vocalist...bad news...Foreigner was without Lou
Gramm...bad news...only the ABB came as advertised)
Chicago - Winery appearance in the early 90's still put on a good show, much more of an edge live (relatively).
Beach Boys - Amphitheatre show before they fell apart
Billy Joel - Storm Front Tour
Genesis - I can't dance tour
Barenaked Ladies - a Bay Area show in the early 90's..I think the only disc they had out at the time was Gordon...hilarious show...good times
Neil Diamond - Much better than I thought it would be going in...
James Taylor - again a great show, more edge than you might think
WOMAD - Golden Gate park, 100K people, Peter Gabriel, Sinead O'Connor et al...I was there for Gabriel
Jummy Buffet - ruined by drunk people behind us, NEVER get GA at a Buffet show, unless you're going to be hammered enough not to care.
Amy Grant - Christmas show at the pond in Anaheim, with Point of Grace and Michael W Smith
Box Set - Acoustic duo opened for Huey Lewis at a winery show...very cool.

Most of the concerts I've seen are Rock and Pop, others include

Jazz - Maynard Ferguson - ~1985
Classical - (sort of) John Williams and the Boston Pops 1989

Who have I seen multiple times

Night Ranger 7X 1984, 1985, 1987, 1990, 1993, 1996, 2004 (yeah, they were my favorite band in high school - and they do put on a great show)
Phil Collins 2X
James Taylor 3X
The Nylons 3X
Sammy Hagar 2X
Huey Lewis 4X
Rush 3X
Amy Grant 2X

Wish I had seen - Queen, Elvis, Bee Gees, ASIA (original line up), Styx (Paradise Theater era), Journey (Escape Tour, by the time I saw them it was Perry, Schon, and Cain and some session guys)

There you have it

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
So many so long ago.

First was ELO in 1983 at the Boston Garden. The acoustics were horrible and the high violins echoed in my ears for days.

Zappa (the band did a Sgt. Pepper parody with horns and everything. WOW!)
Stevie Ray Vaughn with Albert King opening - 3rd row. Amazing show!
Albert Collins
Billy Joel
McCartney
Genesis
Costello
Nick Lowe
Residents (indescribable show)
Laurie Anderson (ditto)
Stanley Jordan (again, ditto)
Bobby McFerrin (Amazing)
Pat Metheny
Phil Collins (back in the day)
Hall & Oates during high school
Tom Petty w/ Georgia Satellites
Squeeze on numerous occasions
Pretenders in their hey day
Oasis in the front at a Boston club.
Stray Cats
Paul Simon during the Graceland tour - religious!
Bruce Springsteen during those 2 solo albums.

Finally need to mention Jay Leno at the Boston University Student Union for $3 in 1980. I prefer Letterman over the Leno show now, but that night I pulled 3 or 4 muscles laughing.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
In no particular order...

Disturbed - March 18, 2003
Bon Jovi - August 4, 2003
Trust Company - Feb 13, 2003
Queensryche - October 14, 2003
Dream Theater with Queensryche - July 8, 2003
Sevendust - November 26, 2002
Poison - June 16, 2000
Poison - February 12, 1989
Poison - June 15, 2001
Poison - July 5, 2002
Poison with Ratt - July 13, 1999 (I am not a big Poison fan, but they play a Metal festival every year nationwide with many other bands on the bill that I dig).
Sevendust - November 4, 2001
Tool - September 22, 2001
Candlebox with Sponge and Catherine Wheel - November 22, 1995
Kiss - July 8, 2000
Godsmack - November 30, 1999
Allman Brothers with H.O.A.R.D. - August 13, 1994
Live - March 11, 1995
Shawn Colvin with Duncan Sheik - July 27, 1997
Shawn Colvin - August 13, 2003
Dave Matthews Band - September 2, 1995
311 with Incubus - June 14, 2000
Dave Matthews Band - June 12, 1996
Robert Plant - July 14, 1990
Dream Theater - August 29, 2000
Kiss - July 3, 1990
Kiss - December 30, 1996
White Trash - August 29, 1991
David Lee Roth with Cinderella - July 2, 1991
Aerosmith - June 23, 1990
The Lemonheads - July 13, 1994
Hootie and the Blowfish - December 7, 1994
Tori Amos - October 26, 1994
Shawn Colvin - October 16, 1995
Matchbox 20 with Soul Asylum - August 11, 1998
The Black Crowes - April 2, 1995
Blues Traveler - April 30, 1995
Sarah McLachlan - July 14, 1995
Sheryl Crow with Freedy Johnston - March 18, 1995
Sarah McLachlan with Lisa Loeb - March 31, 1998
Kiss - November 25, 1998
Third Eye Blind with Vertical Horizon and Splender - July 30, 2000
The Black Crowes - March 10, 1999
Whitesnake - May 11, 1988
Kiss - January 28, 1988 (first concert)
Cranberries with Collective Soul - August 22, 1999
Rush - June 28, 2002

As you can tell, I keep the stubs, but I am sure there are a few I have lost along the way.

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
I can't remember them all and there are some I'd rather foget and those that I'll never forget.
Van Halen
Eric Clapton
Kiss
The Who
The Rolling Stones
Dylan
Ozzy
Scorpions
Deep Purple
Dio
Great White
Metallica
AC/DC
Rush
Cheap Trick
B.B. King
Boston
Heart
The Doobie Brothers
Bo Diddley
Styx
Kansas
Spinal Tap
David Lee Roth
Springsteen
Billy Squire
Joe Walsh
Bill Wyman and The Rhythym Kings
Spinal Tap

A ton more that I jsut can't remember right now

RobertW

Supporting Actor
excluding local and regional artists(man this is gonna be long):

REM(8 times)
the replacements(6 times)
the alarm(3 times)
nirvana
the feelies(3 times-opened for REM)
drivin' and cryin'
the smithereens
pat metheny
blue oyster cult
the grateful dead(twice)
kansas
the police
black uhuru
depeche mode
new order(twice)
molly hatchett
foreignor(first show i saw)
joan jett(twice)
the pretenders(three times)
iggy pop
simple minds(twice)
echo and the bunnymen(twice)
the waterboys(4 times)
the psychedelic furs
let's active
ryan adams(twice)
the rolling stones(6 times)
duran duran!
spyro gyra
tommy keene
lloyd cole and the commotions
the who
ocean colour scene
the clash(sadly, after mick had left)
joe strummer and the mescaleros
the smiths
nick lowe
chuck berry!!!
joan armatrading(twice)
the go-gos
inxs
the cure
the cult
steve winwood
jimmy cliff
the divinyls
elvis costello(three? times)
bruce cockburn(twice)
the talking heads
the del fuegos
los lobos
john mellencamp
the dirty three
paul westerberg(twice)
10,000 maniacs(after natalie left, which wasn't such a bad thing)
U2(three times)
springsteen(twice)
southside johnny and the asbury jukes(twice)
the j geils band
big audio dynamite(3 times)
charlie watts and his large band
john martyn
blue rodeo(3 times)
camper van beethoven
the silos(4 times)
the church
dinosaur jr.
general public
the b52's(twice)
toad the wet sprocket
jane's addiction
the fixx
the fleshtones
john hiatt(3 times)
the bangles
the hoodoo gurus
little feat(alas, without lowell)
the ramones
squeeze
keith richards and the expensive winos(twice)
soul asylum
screaming trees
social distortion
the mighty mighty bosstones(twice)
paul weller
the the
too much joy
wilco
the wild colonials

and there's probably a bunch more there that i've forgotten.

Tom McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
First-Dave Clark Five 1965
Last-Ozzfest 2003

In Between 100's
Bela Flect and the Flectones
Gov't Mule
Buddy Guy
John Prine
John Hiatt
Charlie Musselwhite
John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers
Weezer
Live
Phish
Donna the Buffalo
String Cheese Incident
Phil and Friends
Jorma
Grateful Dead
David Bromberg
Spyro Gyro
Rippingtons
Pat Metthany
Coco Montoya
Allman Bro's
Bob Dylan
Aerosmith
Barenaked Ladies
Moxy Fruvous
Maynard Ferguson
Neil Young
Dave Matthews
Blood Sweat and Tears
Mountain
Emerson Lake and Palmer
Yes
Marshall Tucker
Charlie Daniels
Billy Joel
Sly and the Family Stone
Stories
Cheech and Chong
Steve Martin
Harry Chapin
Dave Mason
Jethro Tull
Limp Bizket
Korn
Momento
Paula Cole
Robbin Ford
Derek Trucks
Studebaker John
John Mooney
Talking Heads
Elvis Costello
Johnny Winters
Edger Winters
Bruce Springsteen
Mavericks
Sting
Lyle Lovett
B.B. King
Jonny Lang
Black 47
The Band
The Who
Led Zepplin
Dire Straits
Todd Snider
Pink Floyd
And many many others.
Best crowd conversationalist: Harry Chapin
Best Festival: Great Blue Herron, music all weekend 24/7
Most Wasted Performer: Sly Stone, booed of stage
Nicest people: Southern Culture On the Skids, shared a case of beer and much conversation with them after a show
Favorite performers: Bela Fleck and the Flectones, Just great muscians
Favorite Venue:Fingerlakes Performing Arts Center, love a place where you can bring a wine box and sit in the grass and listen to great music on a warm summer night
Best Bar: The Hogs Breath Key West, nothing like a hot summer day drinking and listening to music on a outdoor patio
Largest Show: Watkins Glen, Allman's, Grateful Dead, Band
Smallest Show: John Mayall, nobody showed due to snow but he still played his ass off

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Tom,

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

not many come to this side of the world, and I had to miss Yes last September :frowning:

have seen this guy though :)

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen too many to think of them all and list them without benefit of my stubs (I'm at work and they're at home)--and I've only really been a concertgoer since the mid-nineties! Highlights:

First show ever: The Monkees with Weird Al Yankovic, Louisville Gardens, 1987.

Favorite show, vibe-wise: Paul Westerberg, 20th Century Theater, Cincinnati, 2002. Tiny place, one man on stage, die-hard fans helping him remember the lyrics. Also, Paul stayed around after for autographs and pictures, and was really cool and friendly.

Most surprising performance: Coolio, Waterfront Park, Louisville, $5, Summer 2001. Opening act Crystal Waters lip-synched and sucked; middle act PM Dawn put on a good, short set (I've always been a fan) with only CD backing tracks. Coolio came out with a live band and a couple of sidekick rappers and performed for about two hours. Hard-working like James Brown. Unbelievable show.

See them if you get a chance: Digital Underground (three times since 1999, various club venues). Always a party with these guys. You get the hits ("Humpty Dance," "Same Song," "Kiss You Back," "Doowhutchyalike") and a little more; they don't overstay their welcome, and they get the audience involved.

Best Theater Show: Brian Setzer Orchestra, Louisville Palace, 1998. By the time he got to "Rock this Town" (set closer) and "Sexy and 17" (encore closer), the theater was about to explode.

Best Stage-stealing performance: Joe Walsh in the Eagles Farewell Tour, Freedom Hall (Louisville), 2002. The band did solo/side-project material in addition to Eagles songs, and whenever it was one of Joe's tunes, the crowd gave itself over to him in a way none of the other performers got. I'll see him in any incarnation anytime he comes near me.

Busiest concertgoing week of my life: April 29-May 4, 2002. Saw Alison Krauss & Union Station (at the recording/taping of their live CD/DVD/SACD project) on Monday; Stone Temple Pilots (at the same venue as Alison Krauss, if you can believe it) on Wednesday--their equipment was loud enough for a small arena but blasting in a theater, and I would say it was the loudest show I've ever seen, proportionally speaking; Hootie & the Blowfish in a club parking-lot on Thursday (rained all day, stopped in time for the show, which wasn't the best I'd seen of theirs, but was pretty good); Pete Yorn and Counting Crows on Friday night (first night of a multistage festival show in Nashville); Baja Men (yes, really), Res, Garbage, John Mayer, Erykah Badu and No Doubt on Saturday (same festival).

Small-venue bands I see often and whenever they come around: Better Than Ezra, Edwin McCain, Hootie and the Blowfish (sometimes big venues, but not as big as when they were riding high on their first album). All these artists put on fun, party-like shows in a loose, clubby environment, and involve the audience consistently.

Great large-venue (arena, shed, stadium) shows:
-Springsteen (1999, 2000, 2002) - twice on the reunion tour, once on The Rising (probably the same show Dome Vongvises saw--Rupp Arena 11/02)
-The Who (1996, 1997, 2002) - two on the tour of Quadrophenia in its entirety, and one after Entwistle died
-Paul McCartney (2002) - Managed to shrink a basketball arena to club size when he was alone on stage, playing to the video-screen cameras
-U2 (1997-stadium; 2001-two arenas) - Best show was 6/2001 in Madison Square Garden; the lyrics added to "Bullet the Blue Sky" regarding John Lennon's murder (gun-control was the issue attached to the song that tour) hit home for me, as I'd just visited the Dakota and Strawberry Fields for the first time that day
-Pearl Jam (1998-Knoxville; 2000-Indianapolis; 2003-Lexington) - Third show was the best I've seen them, and they were playing to a not-nearly-full arena. Mike McCready's guitar-playing is one of those things a person does that makes me say "I didn't know we could do that"
-Aerosmith (1994, 1998, 2002, 2003) - One of my life-long highlights will be that I saw Aerosmith and Run-DMC do "Walk This Way" together in September 2002, the second-to-last show together on the tour, a mere six weeks before Jam Master Jay was killed. Phenomenal. And Aerosmith continues to be good live; I'll always go see them.
-The Rolling Stones (1994-stadium, 2002-arena) - The best around. They've still got it.

So many other good shows, including REM/Radiohead in 1995; Bush (when they were pushing their first--and best--album); Jewel opening for Edwin McCain, my best friend and I standing right up front, checking her out and laughing our asses off at her between-song patter; Kid Rock (3 times in arenas, and I still regret not checking him out at a local club for $6 about a month before he became a star); Foo Fighters (in a club, and twice in an arena with the Chili Peppers); Janet Jackson (great spectacle); Prince (not great audience management, with his penchant for new songs and seeming inability to keep the crowd up and dancing whenever he got them worked up with a hit); Everclear; Everlast; three Dave Matthews Band shows (and I don't really like them); Kool Keith; Liz Phair; Jackson Browne (solo acoustic--phenomenal!--and with a full band--meh)and many, many more. If I tried to go on, I'd go on for days. So I'll stop.

Steve Owen

Second Unit
Wow, reading this thread made me realize that I saw my first show over 20 years ago (The Kinks in '83). Yikes. Anyway, I've seen hundreds and hundreds of concerts since then, so it would be far too many to list.

Some noteable ones...

U2 (about 20 or so times). The best show was the night the lighting fixture failed at Boston Garden on the Joshua Tree tour and they played to just the house lights. Also seeing them in Yankee Stadium was great. They're still great, but I hate the fans they draw now.

Tribe. Most people don't know about this Boston band who were quite big in Boston in the late 80's and into the early 90's. I've seen them well over 100 times and ran an internet mailing list about them which was one of the first music-related mailing lists ever (run on a DEC MicroVAX system on my co-op job while I was in school).

Most Pearl Jam fans are envious of a few shows I've seen them do... first opening for Smashing Pumpkins and The Red Hot Chili Peppers before Ten came out, next on the second Lollapalooza tour, and then a couple of years later at the Orpheum Theater in Boston (shortly after they'd gotten HUGE).

I've seen The Cure about 15 times or so, but some great ones have been at a tour closer in Mansfield, MA where they played for about an hour after the "curfew" with an absolutely amazing setlist. Another excellent one was at the Orpheum Theater in Boston a few years back.

And a few years ago David Bowie did a short club tour and I got to see him at Avalon in Boston. It's not often you get to see someone of that stature play at a club.

I got to see Nirvana only once, but they were fantastic. Then I saw Foo Fighters at Avalon in Boston before their first album came out. I've also seen Novoselic's post-Nirvana project but they were nothing to write home about.

I've seen Sonic Youth about 15 times or so. I saw Radiohead at Avalon in Boston, but I didn't think they were very good then (just after Pablo Honey came out). I think much better of them now.

Other bands I've seen many times include The Cult, Peter Gabriel (but unfortunatly no earlier than the "So" tour), Bob Mould, Metallica, PJ Harvey, Rush, They Might Be Giants, Primus (plus about 6 or so side projects), Jane's Addiction, Hole, Nine Inch Nails (including an awesome show at at some bowladrome place in Boston), and R.E.M..

I'm glad I got to see The White Stripes before they got as big as they are (at Lupo's in Providence on the White Blood Cells tour) because too many of their newer fans piss me off.

I'd say the most memorable show was the Lollapalooza '92 which featured the sod throwing and fence burning incidents at Great Woods in Mansfield, MA. It was stunning to look up on the lawn and see people dancing naked around HUGE bon fires while Ministry was jamming out on stage.

I've made two big concert blunders along the way. I had a ticket to see The Pixies at The Orpheum in Boston, but I was in college and it was the day before Thanksgiving. Everyone had left school and I was feeling rather homesick and decided to blow off the show and go home (though thankfully I did get to see them 5 times opening for U2). The other was having a ticket to see Johnny Cash at Avalon. There was a huge snowstorm, but the show went on. I decided not to brave the snow and instead stayed home. I wish I'd gone.

I kept a running list of bands I'd seen until about 1992 or so... I'll have to try and find that.

-Steve

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
And a few years ago David Bowie did a short club tour and I got to see him at Avalon in Boston. It's not often you get to see someone of that stature play at a club.
Actually, Bowie's done quite a lot of small shows since 1996. His current tour's reasonably large-scale, but even it includes some small venues, and most of the dates he did in 1997 were in clubs or small theaters. When he played DC and Philly, he did the same venues he played during the 2-weekend club tour the prior year, and he's done a number of additional shows at Roseland (the 1996 NYC stop).

Not trying to negate the coolness of it, but just wanted to clarify that in Bowie's case, it's not that rare. The Stones? Yeah, THOSE club dates were a real event!:)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Black Sabbath (KB hallen, Denmark)
Dream Theater (KB hallen, Denmark)
Manowar (KB hallen, Denmark)
Hammerfall (Pumpehuset, Denmark)
Children of Bodom (Wacken Open Air)
Edguy (Wacken Open Air)
Blind Guardian (Wacken Open Air)
In Flames (Wacken Open Air)
Masterplan (Wacken Open Air)
Freedom Call (Wacken Open Air)
Gamma Ray (Wacken Open Air)
Stratovarius (Wacken Open Air)

Michael_T

Second Unit
You asked for it, you got it... :D

My list is incomplete, since I have been going to concerts since 1974 and can't remember them all.

Listed in no particular order (Those that have been seen more than once are *):

Santana*
Grateful Dead*
Jerry Garcia Band*
Bob Weir Band*
Ratdog*
The Dead
The Other Ones*
Phil Lesh and Friends*
NRPS*
Willie Nelson
Talking Heads*
Television
The Clash*
Mikey Dread
Peter Tosh
U2*
Tool
Metallica*
Limp Bizkit
Pearl Harbor and the Explosions*
Squeeze
Elvis Costello (and the Attractions)*
Susan Tedeschi*
Buddy Guy*
Luther Allison
Bob Dylan*
Tom Petty*
The Police
The Pretenders*
The English Beat
NRBQ*
David Bromberg*
Dickey Betts and Great Southern*
The Allman Brothers*
Robert Hunter*
The Charlie Daniels Band*
The Marshall Tucker Band*
The James Cotton Blues Band
Miles Davis*
Stanley Clarke
Al Jarraeu
Muddy Waters
The Rolling Stones
Commander Cody and The Lost Planet Airmen*
Joe Jackson
George Benson
Brand X
The Dave Matthews Band*
Bruce Springsteen*
Peter Gabriel*
Jorma Kaukonen*
Hot Tuna*
Pearl Jam
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Jethro Tull*
Odetta
Shemekia Copeland*
Elvin Bishop
Heather Eatman
Charlie Musselwhite
Debrah Coleman
Corey Harris
Black Sabbath
Pantera
Deftones
The Who*
John Hammond*
Duke Robillard
Lone Justice
Yes*
Neil Young (and Crazy Horse)*
Eric Anderson
Oregon
Jimmy Buffet
Pure Prarie Leauge*
Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Waylon Jennings
Dire Straits*
Aerosmith
Jimmy Page w/ The Black Crowes
AC/DC
Graham Parker*
Vance Gilbert
John Sebastion*
The Derek Trucks Band
The J. Geils Band*
The Jefferson Airplane (1989 reunion)
Mickey Hart and Planet Drum
Rusted Root*
B.B. King
Jerry Jeff Walker*
Macy Gray*
Phil Woods
Dizzy Gillespie
Jean-Luc Ponty*
Gato Barbieri
Arlo Guthrie
Roy Buchanan*
John McLaughlin*
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Earl Scruggs*
Billy Cobham
Moon Martin and The Ravens
Fashion
Al Dimeola*
Dr. John
The Rubinoos
Prince
The Time
The Tom Robinson Band
The Shirts
Gary U.S. Bonds
Good Rats*
Peter Noone and The Hermans Hermits
Lynyrd Skynyrd (the original band)
The Outlaws*
The Stranglers*
The Psychedelic Furs*
Stiff Little Fingers
Mission of Burma
The Red Rockers
The Leauge of Gentleman (Robert Fripps Band)
The Ramones*
Weather Report*
Big Audio Dynamite
Philip Glass
Let's Active
X*
The Steve Miller Band
Medium, Medium
SVT
Max Romeo
Wall of Voodoo
The Roots
Mason Ruffner
Ten Years After
Jimmy Thackery and the Drivers*
Suzanne Vega
Emmy Lou Harris
Romeo Void
The Blind Boys of Alabama
Poco*
Tom Waits
Tower of Power
Roger McGuinn
Toots and the Maytals
Ron Carter
Branford Marsalis
Sonny Fortune
Blind Boys of Alabama
John Hammond
Kansas
Roomful of Blues

.... and there are more I can't remember... and more to come in the future (I'm sure).

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
My list is incomplete because I went to a lot of clubs and festivals in the 1990's and don't have ticket stubs that say who played where, but here goes:

AC/DC
Afghan Whigs
Alice in Chains
Allan Havey
Anthrax
Archers of Loaf
Babes In Toyland
BB King
Beastie Boys (twice)
Beck (twice)
Belly
Ben Harper
Blue Öyster Cult (4 times)
Bob Dylan (1991)
Bruce Springsteen (1983)
Buddy Guy
Butthole Surfers
Combustable Edison
Cyprus Hill (twice)
David Brenner
Deep Purple
Dick Dale
Dickweed (10 times at least)
Dinosaur jr.
Dire Straits
Doobie Brothers (1989)
Dudley Manlove Qurtet
Elastica
Ellen Degeneris
Elton John
Eric Clapton
Fishbone (twice)
Garry Shandling
Genesis (3 times)
George Carlin
Goodness
Guns & Roses
Hammerbox
Helmet
Hole
Hugh Masekela
Ice Cube
Ice T
Indigo Girls
Jake Johansen
Jan & Dean (1978 tour)
Janes Addiction (3 times)
Jay Leno
Jerry Seinfeld
Jesus & Mary Chain
Kids In The Hall
King Missile
Laundry (7 times)
Living Color
Liz Phair
Love Battery (twice)
Lovemongers
Lush (twice)
Matthew Sweet
Ministry
Monster Magnet
Mr. Show
Mudhoney
Neil Young (4 times)
Nirvana (5 times)
Otis Rush
Pale Saints
Paul McCartney
Paul Reisner
Pavement (3 times)
Pearl Jam (twice)
Pink Floyd (twice)
Pixies (3 times)
PJ Harvey (3 times)
Posies (twice)
Poster Children
Presidents of The United States of America (5 times)
Primus (twice)
Prince
Public Enemy
Red Hot Chili Peppers (twice)
Redd Kross
Robert Klein
Robert Plant
Rush (twice)
Sage
Santana
Screaming Trees
Simon & Garfunkle (1983)
Sky Cries mary
Smashing Pumpkins (twice)
Sonic Youth (5 times)
Soundgarden (twice)
Spinal Tap (twice)
Status Quo
Stephen Malkmus
Stone Temple Pilots
Sugarcubes
Super Deluxe
Super Diamond
Sweet 75
Tears For Fears
The Amps
The Breeders
The Cardigans
The Clash (1982)
The Flamink Lips (twice)
The Foo Fighters
The Grateful Dead
The Melvins
The Mentors
The P-Funk All Stars
The Who (twice)
Throwing Muses
U2 (twice)
Veruca Salt
Ween (3 times)
World Party
X
Yes (twice)
Yo Lo Tango

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks