What's new

What Axiom speakers to get next? (1 Viewer)

Tim_Vin

Auditioning
I'm starting to piece together a HT speaker system and currently I have a H/K 325 receiver and a pair of Axiom M3ti's. Now I'm stuck on what to do next as I have a few options in my head right now: 1) Get the VP100 Center channel and QS4 surrounds or 2) Get the VP150 center and save for maybe the m50 or m60 towers and move the m3ti's to the rear. I guess my biggest concern is would the VP150 be to much with the m3ti's as fronts for now as it would be awhile until I got towers? Oh and the room this is in is about 12x20x8 and this system would probably be 70% movies 30% music.
Thanks for you input in advance!

Kevin G.

Second Unit
I Have also been researching Axioms, and really been torn in half on the M3's vs M22's
sorry for not helping with your answer, but how do the M3's stand up?
Everything I've been researching has pointed me in the direction of m22's w/ a sub

JerryMa

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking M3 or M22 also, for my NAD, but am leaning toward the M3s if I go with Axiom. If you read the Axiom forums, the M22 is very popular there.

The M22 is liked for, among other things, its clarity and detail. The M3 is considered a good performer but more "laid back", not as detailed, etc. Both are considered weak for bass, although the M3 apparently has deeper bass than expected for a speaker of its size. I won't wind up auditioning both, but based on what I've read I get the sense that I'd probably prefer the M3's sound to the M22's. And the M3 is a better fit for my current listenting area anyway.

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
I guess it depends on the application....If this is a high powered dedicated theater to high volume applications - get the VP150.....If its just a multi-purpose living/family room application, the VP100 should be quite adequate...

To be honest, I chose the VP50/MTi2's for my living area theater and its more than enough, since I wont be pushing nearly the volume and power of my dedicated theater....That VP50 center *really* sounded perfect for what I wanted/needed....getting too much speaker I suppose could be as detrimental as too little....or not :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks