What's new

What are your ten favorite TV shows of all time? (1 Viewer)

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Difficult, but I will make 2 lists - comedy and non-comedy series

top 10 Non Comedy
1. Space 1999 (year 1 only)
2. The Avengers (filmed episodes only)
3. Voyage to the bottom of the Sea
4. Batman
5. Lost in Space
6. Mission Impossible (mainly series 1-3)
7. Columbo
8. Night Gallery
9. Twilight Zone
10. The New Avengers

top 10 Comedy

1. Lucy Show
2. Till death us do part (uk 1965-75)
3. Till Death..... (1981 sequel to above)
4. Beverly Hillbillies
5. Dads Army
6. Are you being served
7. Hancocks Half hour
8. Burns and Allen show
9. Jack Benny show
10. Honeymooners

daddyora

Agent
Real Name
Coy J. Ramsey
Wow, you guys came up with many that I had forgotten about and a few that were just obscure. Once of my all-time favorites with The Gray Ghost about John Mosby and someone else even named this one. I would have guessed long forgotten

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I have ties, so there are more than ten.
1. The Twilight Zone/The Brady Bunch
2. The Flintstones/Wonder Woman
3. I Love Lucy/All in the Family
4. The Honeymooners/Batman
5. The Facts of Life/Little House
6. The Waltons/The Muppet Show
7. Fraggle Rock/The Jetsons
8. Dallas/Charlie's Angels
9. Star Trek/The Munsters
10. The Addams Family/Dark Shadows

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
I have many television shows,so there's more than ten
the jack benny program
square pegs
avonlea
in living color
the hardy boys/nancy drew mysteries
the facts of life
get a life(very obscure 90's sitcom)
hardcastle and mccormick
max headroom
combat

Walter P. Thatcher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
Many great lists! I could copy more than 95% of what everyone has posted. I gave it a whirl anyway (not ranked):

1- The Mary Tyler Moore Show this solid show survived and thrived in spite of, or because of, cast and apartment changes
2- Family Affair the best episodes IMO are within the earlier seasons before the twins outgrew the show's premise
3- Green Acres once Alvy Moore "found" his screwball Hank Kimball the show really zoomed into the surreal
4- Taxi or Dear John while there are many great episodes in each series, these are inconsistent series. IMO there are more episodes that are just meh, or "been-there-done-that" episodes. For me, Judd Hirsch is the reason these series hold up.
5- Star Trek (1966-1969) despite what has been written against William Shatner, there's no way this show would still be talked about all these years had Jeffrey Hunter continued with the show; he was too wooden for a live-action cartoon
6- Star Trek The Animated Series (1973) speaking of cartoons, this show was written at a level consistent with TOS by many of the canonical writers (exceptional for a 25-minute Saturday morning cartoon), and acted by almost the entire original cast, with James Doohan often playing multiple parts in any given episode
7- The Jetsons (1962 first season only) I think it's almost like a throwback program with George O'Hanlon as "Joe McDoakes" and Penny Singleton as "Blondie". As much as I love the Alan Reed (the one and only Fred in my estimation) Flintstones, The Jetsons' first season is cozier
8- Dragnet (1967, 1968, 1969, 1970) the crystallization/distillation of the Jack Webb formula and Jack Webb persona. Unintentionally as campy as the Adam West Batman series, and as reactionary as the 1960s version of John Wayne
9- Shazam! (1974) live-action Filmation series with Les Tremayne as Mentor to Billy Gray's Billy Batson. Each episode had to have a moral which unintentionally makes every episode corny and campy. In retrospect, their living and traveling together in a Winnebago never raised any eyebrows either!
10- The French Chef (mainly the color episodes from the early 1970s) basically every show had the same plot, Julia vs. something in her studio kitchen, or something in that episode's recipe, and whether, or if, she had had one too many tastes of the wine off camera

There are so many more shows I could have picked. That's why this is a fun exercise!

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Green acres
The incredible hulk
Doogie howser md.
Grace under fire
Major dad
Evening shade
Dave's world
California dreams
Parker lewis can't lose
Weird science

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks