What are your other hobbies?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Varacin, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Michael Varacin

Michael Varacin Stunt Coordinator

I am just curious. Obviously, home theater consumes a lot of time and money. But what else do forum members like to do? Or is everyone here to obsessed to do anything else? [​IMG]

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I like racing R/C cars, on and off-road. I've owned about 6 total since starting the hobby 5 years ago when I was 16. I've spent about 7 grand total, and am racing a 1/8th scale Thunder Tiger Mirage V-SPec nitro powered buggy and an original HPI RS-4 Pro. I'm selling the gas buggy as I don't have the time to race it in the summer, but I would never sell my RS-4, as I love it and it's been extremely competitive even with it being a few years old.

I also like to golf, and I was lucky enough to go to the B.C Provincial Golf Championships that were heald at Crown Isle Golf and Country Club in Comox B.C, which is on the island. That's something I'll never forget!

3. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

4. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I collect baseball cards, which is another very expensive hobby. I don't collect as much now because there's just a lot of junk out there and it's overpriced and the companies are making too many products. I have made some money selling cards on ebay though. But still, I spend way more than I make selling that's for sure.

5. Rob Longmore

Rob Longmore Stunt Coordinator

Flying! and building kit Aircraft.

6. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

motorcycles, cars, airplanes have become more than a career than a hobby, but I still enjoy flying once in awhile.

7. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

Cars. I'm down to one (the Z28 on my homepage) and try to stay away from car shows and performance shops as much as possible.[​IMG]

8. Michael Varacin

Michael Varacin Stunt Coordinator

Funny how hobbies seem to relate -
    Cam - I spent many of my younger years racing off road RC cars, mainly 1/10 electric as gas was not popular at the time. I was pretty big into it - ran for Shumacher for a couple of years and then Associated. Gave it up when I was old enough to start racing real ones.
    Ryan - I checked out your Fiero with the 3800 motor in it. Pretty cool! I built a kit car on a Fiero once. I put an Old's Quad 4 motor in it and a new fiberglass body. It's long since been sold, but boy was it a fun car to drive. Your supercharged Fiero must fly.
    I posted to question and never listed what I do - I am a huge mountain biker (extreme by a lot of peoples standards I think). But my big passion is racing cars. Been driving open wheel cars for about 7 years now - trying hard to make a career out of it. This is probably the number one thing that keeps my modest on my home theater.[​IMG]

9. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

I build scale models of the hardware seen in sci-fi films, and compete with other modeler's whenever there's a local contest.

And I read, and read, and read.

10. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    My truck, if it aint going to Home Theater, its going to my truck [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. SammyJankins

SammyJankins Extra

Collecting DVDs.

12. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

I shoot a lot of league pool, and play a lot of disc golf around the state.

13. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

"If only I were paid money to play [computer and video games] and drink scotch." -- Eradicator

I'm into computer hardware and games, video games, DVDs, astronomy (Meade LX200 + photography equipment), sports, music, ... the list runs on.

Then of course there's the list of stuff I'd like to get into but have to save up the $ first: Pilot's license/flying, mixing music (turntables/mixer), tweaking my car, and even a house would be nice ....

14. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Um....eh........:b

15. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Working on my house seems to also take up my time recently. And I'm planning a wedding with my fiance.

Other than that, I'm very interested in classic Mustangs, and hope to buy one in the next few years.

16. Hartwig Hanser

Hartwig Hanser Second Unit

Orchid growing and playing violin in a string quartet.

17. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    My other hobbies take up more of my time than my HT, I kind of fell into the HT hobby when my preamp that I bought came with a free DD processor. That kind of led me to buy a DVD player and the rest, you know is history. [​IMG]
    I'm sure the regulars all know my sole purpose in life is to bike, I just love touring, mountain biking even though I'm OK at it, and road cycling. The Tour de France starts like in 3 weeks... I feel like the guy in Breaking Away (which I bought on a whim) except I haven't learned Italian yet...
    Besides cycling, I enjoy hiking and backpacking, basically anything outdoorsy, biathlons, trail running, orienteering, letterboxing (aka geocaching), tiathlons, mountaineering, adventure racing, etc.
    I also enjoy cars and rally racing and Lemans type racing.
    Jay

18. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I do League Ten Pin Bowling on Monday night with a bunch of mates, I like to read/collect comics and enjoy playing around on the computer.

19. Greg Rowe

Greg Rowe Stunt Coordinator

Greg
    Computers (hardware, software, and administration), reading, weight lifting, guitar. [​IMG]
    Greg

20. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter