What's new

What are your favorite Musical Films on Bluray or 4K ? (1 Viewer)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
These are all my Favorites in my Collection ! :)
DSC00407.JPG

JimMiller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim Miller
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, West Side Story, Swing Time, Mary Poppers, Kiss Me Kate, A Star Is Born (Garland) and Cabaret.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
What about 42nd Street, Footlight Parade, Going My Way, Holiday Inn, Meet Me in St. Louis, Swing Time, and Yankee Doodle Dandy?

---------------

cinemel1

Second Unit
Real Name
Mel Matsil
What about 42nd Street, Footlight Parade, Going My Way, Holiday Inn, Meet Me in St. Louis, Swing Time, and Yankee Doodle Dandy?

---------------

7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Carousel, Singin’ in the Rain, West Side Story, Pal Joey, Cabaret, Meet Me in St. Louis, Hit the Deck, Silk Stockings, The Band Wagon. Musicals are my favorite film genre. These are the discs that I go back to time and again because the musical numbers can be watched on their own even if you don’t want to see the whole film.

DBF

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ashley
These are from my collection. I also like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

musicals - Copy.JPG

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
In alpha order:
Fiddler on the Roof, Finian's Rainbow. Goodbye Mr. Chips, The Music Man, 1776, Singin' in the Rain, Sound of Music and (since the blu-ray) South Pacific.

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
I love pretty much all of the above titles but would like to add Ken Russell's The Boy Friend from WB Archive. It looks great on Blu-ray and it's a lot of fun!
Now Universal should bring on Flower Drum Song and Thoroughly Modern Millie.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Oklahoma, South Pacific, Carousel, 42nd Street, The Boyfriend, Pal Joey, Swing Time, The Young Girls of Rochefort ... what the hell, I could list all day. Better to list the ones that haven't been released yet, such as The Pajama Game, Two Weeks with Love, The Harvey Girls and etc etc etc......

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Those last three that you mentioned not having been released yet: I would dearly love to have them. They are among my most wanted musicals on Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks