What's new

What are your favorite moment/moments of infamy from the Academy Awards? (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I ask this question because I read a statement by this year's Academy Award show producer Laura Ziskin. Part of it read as follows:

"I intend to borrow shamelessly from my predecessors, including Gil Cates, the Zanucks, Quincy Jones and others, and I will do everything I can to make the 74th Academy Awards Show one you will be happy you stayed up to watch."

So, what was it?

Was it Rob Lowe and Snow White singing "Proud Mary"?

Was it Vanessa Redgrave and her controversial speech?

Was it Sacheen Littlefeather?

Was it Robert Opel, the streaker who was "showing his shortcomings", according to David Niven?

Was it the magic words "Uma...Oprah"?

Was it Billy Crystal's joke about MGM and Leo The Lion taking the fifth since he's owned by the Italians?

Was it Lizzy Gardiner and her dress made out of credit cards?

Come on, we all watch the Oscars. So, what are your favorite moments of infamy involving the little gold guy?

I'm not talking award upsets...I'm talking monologues, jokes, production numbers, dresses, suits, proxies...you know, the stuff that makes us tune in every year.

I think this belongs in Polls, since I'm canvassing to see the opinions of my fellow board members.

Sincerely,

John "Feel free to move this topic if I put it in the wrong section" Kilduff

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Rob Lowe and Snow White singing "Proud Mary"
For some reason I always thought it was "Roll Over Beethoven" but that was so long ago. But the horror of it remains with me till this day.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Niven's response to the streaker is classic!
That Snow White number is the stuff nightmares are made of.
I loved Steve Martin's "Crouching Tiger" gag last year! :laugh:
Jack Palance's one-armed pushups were a bizarre treat.
Elizabeth Taylor acting like a buffoon. (That was the Oscars, yes?)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
How about when Robin Willams sang "Blame Canada at the oscars. It should have won over the Phil Collins tarzan song.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks