What's new

What are your biggest wants, by studio? (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
How about we do 3 dramas & 3 comedies each?
CBS:
Drama: The Great Adventure, The New Breed, The Reporter
Comedy: The Good Guys, Mickey, The Cara Williams Show
Universal:
Drama: The Outsider, The Road West, Doctors Hospital
Comedy: The Jean Arthur Show, 90 Bristol Court, Sirota's Court
Warner:
Drama: The Islanders, The Alaskans, Sam Benedict
Comedy: Hank, Many Happy Returns, The Little People
Sony:
Drama: Empire, Tightrope, Medical Story
Comedy: Pete and Gladys, The Good Life, Love on a Rooftop
Fox:
Drama: Man Who Never Was, Five Fingers, Bus Stop
Comedy: Doc, Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Nanny and the Professor
MGM:
Drama: Trials of O'Brien, Science Fiction Theatre, Target
Comedy: Debbie Reynolds Show, Pruitts of Southhampton, Double Life of Henry Phyfe

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
CBS:
Comedy: The Lucy Show (Season 6), Laverne & Shirley (Seasons 6-8), Happy Days (Seasons 5-7)
MPI:
Comedy: Here's Lucy (Season 6), Life with Lucy (all 13 episodes)
Universal:
Nothing.
Warner:
Comedy: Mama's Family (all 6 seasons), Perfect Strangers (Seasons 3-7), The Andy Griffith Show (Seasons 9-11: the other three color seasons), Growing Pains (Seasons 3-7)
Sony:
Comedy: The Jeffersons (Seasons 7-11), The Facts of Life (Seasons 6-9), Diff'rent Strokes (Seasons 4-8)
Fox:
Comedy: Rhoda (Season 5), Phyllis (Seasons 1 & 2)
MGM:
Comedy: Green Acres (Seasons 4-6), Mister Ed (Season 6)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Fox:
Drama: The Big Valley (remainder of S2 and S3-4), Burke's Law (S2), The Rogues
Comedy: Bob Newhart Show (S5-6) Batman (don't like putting it in this category necessarily but it has to go here!), The Ghost And Mrs. Muir
Universal:
Drama: Ironside (S5-8), McCloud (S1 fixed for R1 and S3-7), Hardy Boys (S3)
Comedy: Operation Petticoat
Sony:
Drama: Hart To Hart (S3-5), Fantasy Island (S3-S7), Naked City (S1 and all unreleased hour long episodes)
MGM:
Drama: Flipper (S3), Trials Of O'Brien (didn't know they controlled this)
CBS/Paramount (excluding titles that are not stalled at the moment)
Drama: Barnaby Jones (S2-8), The Love Boat (S3-9)
Comedy: Love, American Style (S2-5)
Warner (excluding all titles that are currently being released by WBA):
Drama: Assignment Vienna, Then Came Bronson, Dr. Kildare
Comedy: Welcome Back Kotter (S2-4), Chico And The Man

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
How about we do 3 dramas & 3 comedies each?
CBS:
Drama: The Great Adventure, The New Breed, The Reporter
Comedy: The Good Guys, Mickey, The Cara Williams Show
Universal:
Drama: The Outsider, The Road West, Doctors Hospital
Comedy: The Jean Arthur Show, 90 Bristol Court, Sirota's Court
Warner:
Drama: The Islanders, The Alaskans, Sam Benedict
Comedy: Hank, Many Happy Returns, The Little People
Sony:
Drama: Empire, Tightrope, Medical Story
Comedy: Pete and Gladys, The Good Life, Love on a Rooftop
Fox:
Drama: Man Who Never Was, Five Fingers, Bus Stop
Comedy: Doc, Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Nanny and the Professor
MGM:
Drama: Trials of O'Brien, Science Fiction Theatre, Target
Comedy: Debbie Reynolds Show, Pruitts of Southhampton, Double Life of Henry Phyfe
Interesting choices. A couple I'm not familiar with like "Doctors Hospital" and "Sirota's Court".

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Sirota's Court was sort of an early version of "Night Court" from 1976 that had Michael Constantine (Room 222) as the judge.
There's not a single episode of the show that I know of in collector's circle, other than the opening minutes of one of the first episodes on home recording that also included the first episode of CPO Sharkey and the first episode of the dreadful "McLean Stevenson Show" (one of many bizarre attempts to shove Stevenson down the throats of the public as some kind of star which he wasn't)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Universal:
Amazing Stories: The Complete Second Season
Cliffhangers!
CBS/Paramout:
Perry Mason, Seasons 7 through 9
Darby

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Here are just a few.....don't quite have as many (from all the studios mentioned).....but here are mine:
WARNER BROTHERS:
Drama - KNOTS LANDING (Seasons 3-14).....At this pace....I'll be dead by the time they finish releasing this show!!
Comedy - THE DREW CAREY SHOW (music rights issues.....so it will take forever), ALICE (The Linda Lavin series), FLO (the ALICE spin-off series)
FOX:
Drama - BATMAN 1966 (Comedy? Drama?....kind of has both....no laugh track....so I put it in Drama...and once again....I'll be dead by the time they release this show!!!)
Comedy - RHODA (Season 5....seriously one more season left and then they stop!?!?!), PHYLLIS (The other Mary Tyler Moore Show spinoff starring Cloris Leachman), WKRP IN CINCINNATI (Redo season 1 with the correct music!!! And release Season 2-4 as well.....Of course another series with music rights issues...so it will take forever!)
CBS/PARAMOUNT:
Drama: LOVE BOAT (Remaining seasons....and please stop splitting the seasons into 2 volumes!!!!)
Comedy: THE LUCY SHOW (Season 6....one more season to go!!!), LAVERNE & SHIRLEY (Season 6-8 (the "California" episodes, which were ok) ....though I am very happy the studio finally released ALL the "Milwaukee" episodes!!! :) ), ANGIE (The short-lived 70's series starring Donna Pescow and Doris Roberts (from Everybody Loves Raymond series))
SONY:
Drama: HART TO HART (Season 3-5)
Comedy: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Seasons 2-9, series starring Bonnie Franklin, Valerie Bertanelli and Mackenzie Phillips)
UNIVERSAL:
Drama: None
Comedy: COACH (Season 5-9)
MPI
Drama: None
Comedy: HERE'S LUCY (Season 6.....one more season to go on another Lucille Ball series!!!)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
mrz7 said:
MPI
Comedy: HERE'S LUCY (Season 6.....one more season to go on another Lucille Ball series!!!)
Does anyone want to release LIFE WITH LUCY?

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
CBS-PARAMOUNT:
Comedy/Drama: LOVE BOAT (all the rest, or preferably a complete set) EARLY EDITION season 3

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sony
THE DREAM MERCHANTS Mark Harmon miniseries
TROUBLE WITH ANGELS / WHERE ANGELS GO, TROUBLE FOLLOWS in OAR!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
CBS/Paramount:

Adventure/Drama: The Magician
Anthology: Monsters (Season 1)
Drama: Arthur Hailey's Hotel (Season 2), Early Edition (Season 3), Hack (David Morse series, Season 1)
Detective/Drama: Barnaby Jones (Season 2), Robbery Homicide Division/LA (one season series)

Warner:

Crime/Drama: The FBI (Season 3), 77 Sunset Strip (Season 1)
Detective/Drama: Harry O (Season 1)
Drama: Knots Landing (Season 3), Midnight Caller (Season 1)
Horror: Freddy's Nightmares (Season 1)

Sony:

Adventure/Drama: Hart to Hart (Season 3)
Crime/Drama: Police Story (Season 2)
Sci-Fi/Detective: Something Is Out There (TV movie and subsequent one season series) - or is this owned by Warner?

MGM:

Crime/Drama: Highway Patrol (Season 2) (or is this owned by Fox?), Markham (Ray Milland series)

Fox:

Anthology: Night Visions
Horror: Freakylinks
Paranormal/Drama: Past Life

Universal:

Drama: The Law & Harry McGraw.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Paramount
Early Edition (Seasons 3 & 4)

Universal
The Equalizer (Seasons 2-4)

FOX
Mr. Belvedere (Seasons 5 & 6)

The following are on my wish list as well but they are long shots and most likely will never happen:

Paramount
Happy Days- Seasons 2-6 with ALL original music

FOX
WKRP in Cincinnati- Complete series with ALL original music
The Wonder Years- Complete series with ALL original music

I don't understand why Fox does not look into releasing a limited edition, complete series set of WKRP in Cincinnati & The Wonder Years- is that not possible?! I wonder if they have considered something like this but decided against it because the list price would wind up being something like $1000 if it includes all original music?? Damn these greedy music companies, why can't they lower their asking price for the songs they control- lots of great series have been ruined by inferior releases or in the case of the two shows above will probably never be released due to the unbelievable greed that these companies have.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
RE: WKRP in Cincinnati, didn't MTM Enterprises (when they still owned the show) permanently alter the original 1'' inch master tapes for the show (replace most of the original music), before Fox bought them out?
So even if Fox wanted to do it right, and the music rights were finally resolved, I don't think they would be able to release them uncut anyways, if this is actually true about the original 1'' inch master tapes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
Damn these greedy music companies, why can't they lower their asking price for the songs they control- lots of great series have been ruined by inferior releases or in the case of the two shows above will probably never be released due to the unbelievable greed that these companies have. :f
In all fairness, no one comes along and tells you or me what we should charge for something we own and some parasitic, blackhearted, money-grubbing music label should have that same luxury. That's not to say that I like it but that's the way it goes.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
TravisR said:
In all fairness, no one comes along and tells you or me what we should charge for something we own and some parasitic, blackhearted, money-grubbing music label should have that same luxury. That's not to say that I like it but that's the way it goes.
The problem is the dynamics of Television,Home Media and Music has changed but the music and publishing companies can't see it! They are still acting like it's decades ago.
This is the same *Bleep* attitude that got them in the mess with dragging their feet with legal audio downloads (Thank you,Mr Jobs!) Where now one can buy a song cheaper (inflationary) than buying a 45rpm single in the 1980s! (and you're not stuck with a "B" side that you didn't want!).

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Sony:
Salvage 1, The Magician
Universal:
Spy Games, Project UFO
WB:
Wizards and Warriors, Duck Dodgers, Superboy (2+), Young Maverick, Baby Blues, Pinky, Elmira, and the Brain, Tiny Toons 3, Animaniacs 4,
Disney
Gummi Bears 2
Hmm. more later
James

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Warners: It's a Living, Mama's Family and Alice.
Sony: Maude, One Day at a Time, Charlie's Angels S5, Police Woman S3 & 4, Facts of Life S6-9 and The Nanny S4-6.
CBS: Petticoat Junction, Beverly Hillbillies, My Three Sons (with no music changes), Angie.
Fox: Dobie Gillis, Phyllis, Rhoda S5, Julia.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks