What's new

What are your all time favorite multiplayer death match weapons? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
The tripwires in Duke Nukem 3D were always my favorite. You could quickly line a hall with them in inconspicuous places, then drop a pipebomb in the middle... and if anyone came into that hall, you could create a huge chain of explosions and KILL KILL KILL! God, I loved that game.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Come to think of it, they should drop Duke Nukem Forever. Take every aspect of Duke 3D multiplayer, keep it the same, and port it to something quick and easy, say the Quake 3 or Return to Castle Wolfenstein engine and support more than 4-8 players. I'd buy it.

LanceH

Agent
There's a point at which they've taken so long to come out with an anticipated title that the game could never possibly live up to expectations. In this case, Duke Nukem on next-gen. It's been such a looooooong wait, that the game would have to be ridiculously amazing to make people forget how long we've had to wait for it.

In the meantime, TRON surpassed my expectations since I wasn't anticipating it at all;

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator
Forgot about one

Light saber from Jedi Knight II!! Works great.. nothing like slicing a limb from your opponent :)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
The sniper rifles from Goldeneye,Perfect Dark,RTCW,Rainbow Six 3,the SOCOM games, & Halo.

How can you not like one shot kills? :D

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
My all-time fave is the original Quake 1 rocket launcher. Add in the double-fire Quake CTF rune, and it's all good! :emoji_thumbsup:

I like the UT Flak Cannon too.

Jedi Knight 2's light saber is cool!

And I love the Arilou's auto-aiming laser from Star Control 1 & 2.

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
I loved getting that lightning bolt thing on the original Mario Kart, the one that shrinks everyone else down to near insect size! Nothing more fun than being in last place the whole race, getting the lighting on the last lap, and running over your friends in your come-from-behind victory!

I loved the remote mines on Goldeneye -- lure your opponents into the hall in the compound level, hit the button, and watch the mayhem through the bullet-proof glass! Classic!

Also, that laptop sentry gun on Perfect Dark was a lot of fun.

One more, the dive bomber on BF1942 -- Take off from the aircraft carrier, drop your payload on the enemy armor lines, then parachute behind their lines into the jungle -- a rush.

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah, kind of goofy, but I love getting the poke-ball grenades or whatever on Smash Bros Melee -- every once in a while you get some huge dragon or something that just fills the screen with fire!

Users who are viewing this thread