What are your all time favorite multiplayer death match weapons?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LanceH, Nov 10, 2003.

1. LanceH

LanceH Agent

Some of my favorites are:

1.*The red turtle shells in Mario Kart – I love those seeker turtle shells…..nothing quite compares to the feeling of driving over a special power-up shape and realizing that you got the red turtle shells.

2. The disc in TRON 2.0 – ever since I saw the movie I’ve been thinking about how cool it would be to play disc matches with other players. Death match is good but i hear that bvg is upgrading death match soon It’s going to be every bit as fun as I had imagined.

3. The camera guided rocket launchers in 007 Nightfire – no explanation necessary for anyone who’s played multiplayer in this game.* There’s no way more fun than this to kill the enemy.

*Now list some of yours……. *

2. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

That thing in Turok 2 or rage wars, whichever one it was in. The brain bore thing.

3. Paul__A

Paul__A Extra

I remember the cerebral bore, good stuff although i liked the arrows in turok better, since your opponent would have to play while looking at arrows sticking out of them for that life.

personal fav is the samurai knife in conquer's bad fur day.

another would be the "disease powerup" in pretty much any of the bomberman games, where when you pick it up it does something screwy to you and to anyone you touch.

4. LanceH

LanceH Agent

I haven't played Turok, but the weapons sound cool. Have you guys played TRON multiplayer online with the new deathmatch patch?

5. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Rocket Launcher from Quake. Rocket Jumping ruled.

6. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Stunt Coordinator

PIPE BOMBS in Duke Nukem 3D.

Man, I just noticed my post count was wiped out. I was up to 800 or so.

7. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Dustin: And trip mines, I forgot how fun that was.

8. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

To this day, I don't think I'll ever achieve the same satisfaction as I did when I would kill someone away with a well-aimed shot to the head using a Cougar Magnum on Goldeneye. Sure, it's just a regular ol' gun that doesn't do anything fancy or cool. Still, it'll get you good and dead in no time.

God, I love that game.

9. JohanD

JohanD Stunt Coordinator

Favorite weapons:

1) Lightning gun from quake1. Was great when you spotted a few opponents in the water and jumped in to give them a shock [​IMG] Was worth dying to hear their screams as they tried to get out of the water. (@ Lan party)

2) Chainsaw from DOOM. You know you like it.

3) Sniper rifle from Team fortress. (Not from half-life but the original quake Team fortress) When you gib them you get a nice gurgle sound [​IMG]

4) Quad Damage rocket launcher [​IMG]

10. Scott L

Scott L Producer

- Chronoscepter in Turok 1. Not really multiplayer but the best idea and FX of any weapon I've ever seen, even though over 6 years old. Most other weapons from this series.

- Sniper rifle in medal of honor allied assualt. The only snipers that have this slick arcade feel to it.

- 6-rocket launcher in UT. Kinda silly but had interesting firing options; either regular single fire, hold down for more missles, or right click for grenade-type explosives.

11. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

Rocket Launcher in Quake 1.

Railgun in Quake 3 (rocket arena 3 = best mod for that game)

Sniper rifle in Unreal Tournament (first one)

12. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Proximity Mines in GoldenEye....damn I was a sneaky bastard with those things....my roomates in college actually outlawed me playing with them I pissed them off so bad.

Railgun in Quake 3.....nothing like one quick shot of depleted uranium ripping a person into giblets and blood spraying everywhere to get you in a good mood. Sure it didnt reload fast, and you better be accurate with it or die.....but the payoff is so worth the risk

Sniper Rifle from Halo....much like the railgun in quake, but with a more visceral feel to the shooting of it. The only thing holding this back from number two is no giblets.

Sniper Rifle from Unreal Tournament....the happy medium of the long range guns on here. All allow sneakiness to the highest degree, but this one lacks the smoke trail of doom behind the shots, and that insipid extra is what keeps it down this far for me.

Silenced PP7 in goldeneye......I am just a sucker for silenced weapons, they feel more degrading when you kill someone with them.

Yes, I am a sick bastard

13. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

-Lasergun in "Goldeneye"
    -Chaingun in "Doom"
    -Sniper Rifle in "Unreal Tournament"
    -Rocket Launcher in "Quake III"

14. Mark Giles

Mark Giles Second Unit

Flak Cannon in UT!

15. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    The fireball in Warlords. Wait, that's the only weapon! [​IMG]

16. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I have to second the Flak Cannon in the original UT as well. The choices it presents you....you can either launch out a grenade and splatter some poor schmuck all over the place, or you can fire it out as burning hot shards of metal and rip the poor guy to pieces, leaving all the giblets about.

Yes, I am all about the giblets.

17. Chris Hopper

Chris Hopper Agent

.50 Cal in Rainbow Six 3, OICW and the SR25 from Ghost Recon.

18. LanceH

LanceH Agent

You guys gotta try the Prankster Bit in TRON 2.0 deathmatch. I wish I could find a screenshot of that.

19. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Shrink Ray in Duke Nukem 3D. So much fun was it to shrink your friend then try and step on him.

20. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Not exactly "deathmatch" but these are great multi-player weapons. The Protoss Arbiter ships with Recall in StarCraft. The High Templar with Psionic Storm. And Siege Tanks.

For Quake, there was a great grappling hook mod someone made. It was fantastic for SpiderMan-ing around levels. And it could also be used as a weapon by grappling an opponent.

Quad-Damage Rockets (from Quake) are probably the all-time greatest FPS deathmatch weapon. I don't think that sound has been surpassed, yet.

And of course, the white paddle from Pong [​IMG]