What's new

What are your absolute favorite soundtrack TRACKS? (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I recently bought the soundtracks for the MCU Spider-Man movies, and I've got to single out these tracks from each respective album as being particularly special.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
I'm probably forgetting some, but here are mine. These are tracks only (no vocals) from movies only.

1941: End Credits
A League of Their Own: Life Goes On; and The Final Game
A Summer Place: Young Love Scene (the famous theme)
Back to the Future: '85 Twin Pines Mall; and It's Been Educational/Clocktower
Back to the Future Part II: Main Title (just so damn energetic!)
Back to the Future Part III: the "Train trilogy"
Batman '89: Shootout (First Confrontation on the album)
Charade: Main Title; and Bistro
Conan the Barbarian: Anvil of Crom; and Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom
Conan the Destroyer: Drum Prelude/Main Title (Original Version)
Dances with Wolves: The Buffalo Hunt; and Two Socks at Play
Dick Tracy: Main Title
Double Indemnity: Prelude/First Scene; and Punishment/So Long Keyes/Finale
ET: Bike Chase/The Departure/End Credits
El Cid: Entr'acte (The El Cid March)
Field of Dreams: The Place Where Dreams Come True
Ghostbusters: Magic (Album Version)
Gone with the Wind: Selznick signature/Main TItle
Gremlins: Late to Work; The Fountain/Stripe's Death; Goodbye, Billy; and End Title/The Gremlin Rag
Gremlins 2: Pot Luck; Keep It Quiet; and Gremlin Credits
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: Main Title
Honey, I Blew Up the Kid: Ice Cream!; Look At That Mother!; and End Credits: That's All, Folks!
Jaws: The Pier Incident; Promenade (Tourists on the Menu) from the album; and Sea Attack Number One from the album
Jaws 2: End Title - one of the most promising and timeless-sounding tunes John Williams has written. Also, End Credits.
Jurassic Park: Journey to the Island
King Kong 1933: Jungle Dance
La Nouvelle Guerre Des Boutons: Le Journal De Violette
Life with Father: Main Title
Mildred Pierce: Main Title
North by Northwest: Overture/Main Title
Picnic: Love Theme
Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl: He's A Pirate
Quo Vadis: Intermezzo
Rampage: Big Cat (Instrumental)
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves: Main Title; Training Sequence; Maid Marian theme; and Reunited and Finale
Sol Madrid: Guajiro From the Distance (Long Version)
Star Trek The Motion Picture: Overture (Long Version); Main/End Title; and The Enterprise
Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan: Enterprise Clears Moorings; Battle in the Mutara Nebula; Amazing Grace; and Epilogue/End Title
Star Trek III The Search for Spock: Prologue and Main Title; Docking the Enterprise; Stealing the Enterprise; A Fighting Chance to Live; and End Titles
Star Trek IV The Voyage Home: Logo/Main Title; Hospital Chase; Whale Fugue; and Home Again/End Credits
Star Trek V The Final Frontier: The Mountain (Main Title)
Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country: Sign Off; and End Credits Suite
Star Wars: Main Title; and Cantina Band
Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back: The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme)
Superman The Movie: Prelude and Main Title; The Fortress of Solitude; The Flying Sequence; and End Title
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990): Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (title track)
Terminator 2 Judgment Day: Main Title (Terminator 2 Theme); Sarah on the Run; T-1000; and It's Over ("Goodbye")
The Adventures of Don Juan: Main Title
The Blue Lagoon: Love Theme (Emmeline); and The Blue Lagoon (Main Title)
The Boy Who Could Fly: He Really Flies
The Bridge on the River Kwai: Colonel Bogey March
The Caine Mutiny: Main Title (March)
The Dark Crystal: Overture
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: L'Estasi Dell'Oro/The Ecstasy of Gold
The Goonies: Fratelli Chase; Kissing Tunnel; Water Slide and Galleon; No Firme and Pirate Ship; and End Titles (Goonies Theme)
The Great Escape: Main Title
The Left Hand of God: Father O'Shea
The Lost World Jurassic Park: The Hunt; and Jurassic Park Theme (End Credits)
The Magnificent Seven: Main Title
The Red House: Main Title
The Rescuers Down Under: Cody Rescues Marahute (Cody's Flight on the album)
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers: Prelude/Fugitives
The Terminator: Main Title; Love Scene; Tunnel Chase: End Credits: Final Suite; and The Terminator Theme (Extended Version)
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre: Texas Memories; Finale; and End Cast
Titanic: Southampton; Leaving Port; Rose; and The Portrait
Trading Places: Train; and Jamaican Bye-Bye
Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Valiant & Valiant; R.K. Maroon; I'm a Pawn (both Film Version and Alternate); Saved; End Credits: Roger Rabbit Medley (Film Version); Judge Doom (from the album); Jessica's Theme (from the album); Eddie's Theme (from the album); The Gag Factory (from the album); and End Title (from the album)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Another really great track I've become particularly fond of from Far From Home:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood has kind of sparked my interest in Paul Revere and the Raiders. Apparently they toured with the Beach Boys and that influence is (IMHO) heard on this track that is part of the OUATIH soundtrack...

- Walter.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not a big soundtrack person and buy only the occasional one, because soundtrack albums often omit the very songs that I bought the album for. Case in point: CROSSROADS. I bought the album specifically for the Head Cuttin' duel with Steve Vai. It was completely missing from the album.

I only have a few, so I guess I would have to say they are favoured because I bothered to buy them in the first place.

The Long Riders soundtrack by Ry Cooder is good.
Daft Punks soundtrack for "Tron Legacy" is decent.
The soundtrack for "Sucker Punch" caught my ear, but I haven't listened to it in quite awhile. May have to give it a spin one of these days.

That is about it. The biggest disappointment was CROSSROADS for the aforementioned omission. The rest of the album was okay.
I almost forgot to mention the soundtrack from " O Brother, Where Art Thou?". That soundtrack was topnotch.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood has kind of sparked my interest in Paul Revere and the Raiders. Apparently they toured with the Beach Boys and that influence is (IMHO) heard on this track that is part of the OUATIH soundtrack...

- Walter.

Mark Lindsay was no Brian Wilson though. Hence The Beach Boys get whole chapters devoted to Pet Sounds while the Raiders have to settle for a footnote.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
All Nino Rota themes from Fellini films.

MainTheme from "Ben Hur" by Miklos Rozsa

Main theme from "Lawrence of Arabia" by Maurice Jarre

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wanted to bump this older thread for this track from Black Widow. I think this is Lorne Balfe's first time composing something in the MCU, and I think he really did a great job ith this score. Maybe they'll bring him back at some point for some other project. It's a shame there's no physical CD release of Black Widow from Disney but I did buy the digital download.

And this from James Newton Howard's exciting score for Raya and the Last Dragon earlier this year:

Last edited:

70 Millman

Agent
Real Name
John
Anything by Miklos Rozsa, Erich Wolfgang Korngold, Bernard Herrmann, Dimitri Tiomkin etc.
- classic composers from the Golden Age of Film Scoring. I have re-created pieces from
several of my favorite scores by these greats using the best orchestral samples and MIDI technology.
They can be heard here...

70 Millman

Agent
Real Name
John
Anything by Miklos Rozsa, Erich Wolfgang Korngold, Bernard Herrmann, Dimitri Tiomkin etc.
- classic composers from the Golden Age of Film Scoring. I have re-created pieces from
several of my favorite scores by these greats using the best orchestral samples and MIDI technology.
They can be heard here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm not a big soundtrack person and buy only the occasional one, because soundtrack albums often omit the very songs that I bought the album for. Case in point: CROSSROADS. I bought the album specifically for the Head Cuttin' duel with Steve Vai. It was completely missing from the album.
Crossroads is legendary in my family as "The worst movie ever made". Personally I think Waiting for Guffman is way worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks