What's new

What are you watching still this fall 2004? (merged) (1 Viewer)

SarahG

Second Unit
Have you read the recent reviews of it? I read something in the Washington Post the other day that was really good...and the Philly Inquirer has likened it to "Knots Landing meets Twin Peaks" or something like that. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I saw the pilot for DH and it's good. Pilots don't generally sweep me away and some of my favorite shows' pilots are mostly crap. (Buffy, Sports Night) This one was very good. It had a certain quirky charm that was really appealing. It almost managed to sidestep most cliches while falling into them few times. Felicity Huffman is an acting goddess by the way.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Right now my schedule is(as soon as i get a satellite so i can see cable)

sunday

9 p.m. jack and bobby
(2005 Alias)
10 p.m. Boston Legal

Monday

WWE Raw

Wednesday

8 p.m. Smallville AND Lost.

Thursday

8 p.m. The OC

Thats it. I've been renting DVDs more and more now that Angel is off the air.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really looking forward to seeing what SciFi does with the Earthsea novels. I'm a big fan and am hoping.thinking that SciFi will do a pretty good job of adapting this to the miniseries. Plus, I'm a sucker for sorcery and magic.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
Here is what I am into this fall:

EarthSea
Jack & BObby
Lost
Survivor
One Tree Hill
Apprentice
Joan of Arcadia
The Mountain
The Clubhouse
Desperate Housewives

All are great shows!

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I think I'm gonna be into a lot of those same shows. I watched Desperate Housewives last night and enjoyed it. It ought to be pretty good entertainment. Also, on your list, I plan on watching Jack and Bobby as well as Earthsea, which I previously mentioned. I love the political background of the former and the otherworldliness of Earthsea. Hopefully, SciFi will meet my expectations.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Whenever the fall TV season kicks in, I'm glad I don't have cable or satellite. Since I only receive 6 channels, it's much easier to curtail my viewing.

The only shows I'll be making it a point to watch are:

Lost
Survivor
Alias

And that's it. The occasional PBS special, and I am sure I'll catch other shows. However, only those three (right now) merit taping if missed, or schedule rearranging to view.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting into Smallville as well. I just started watchin the earlier seasons on DVD. One of the main reasons I want to watch Earthsea is b/c Kristen Kreuk (aka Lana Lang) is going to be a main character in the miniseries. That alone, got my attention at first.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator

You into this b/c of the Smallville ties, or did you read the books, or what? I'm just curious b/c I think it's gonna be cool, and not many people are talking about it.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Changed yet again!

ALIAS

Lost

and

Smallville (trying so hard to get past the freak of the week trama. My husband likes the show and so I keep going for him. Still hoping for more Lex Luther though)

I have been completely losing interest in tv lately. I make sure to tape and watch Smallville reruns on the family channel every day at 7. I actually forgot to watch the second ep of Lost, but my friend taped it for me and I really am interested in finding out more about this show. Really the only show that I WANT to keep up with is ALIAS.

So here it is, my tv list and yes it will probably end up cut again. Most likely I will end up with just ALIAS and end it there. lol.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Alias and 24 when they restart

CSI's Miami, NY and Las Vegas

NCIS

Smallville

Stargate SG1 and Atlantis

Mythbusters when it's new

Lost

That's really all I have time for.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
*did a search and nothing came up*

(admin note - but it did for me!)

I've really haven't been watching all that much tv lately. I started off this year with a list of a bunch of shows that I really wanted to see, but so far the only new show I have been watching is Smallville.

My list started off like this:

Smallville
Nip/Tuck
Six Feet Under
Desperate Housewives
Boston Legal
Arrested Development
Lost
The OC

I caught the AD marathon on FX and really wasn't all that impressed. Some eps were funny, but for the most part I was bored. Lost interest in SFU after the first half of the second season. Watched the first eps for DHW and BL and then just gave up because I forgot to watch when they were on again (I don't watch tv on Sundays anyway, so it was kind of a chore to remember to watch them). Lost, lost me after the the 4th or 5th ep. It just wasn't going anywhere interesting for me and so I tuned out. N/T second season was already airing while I watched S1 and frankly it's been so long since I have seen an ep that I just forgot most of the show and really have no interest anymore to even see S2. I started watching The OC, but it's just so boring and I missed most of the first season so I was sort of lost with the storylines.

ALIAS and Smallville are all I have left besides Survivor. The thing that sucks is I hear rumors that these may be the last seasons for both shows. Any truth to that?

Are you all still faithful to the new shows you started watching or have you tuned out as well?

DanaA

Screenwriter
I hardly watch TV as I usually listen to music. The shows I do watch include sports oriented material, some stuff on public TV, Ebert and Roeper, Arrested Development, some Simpsons, maybe 60 Minutes, and that's about it.

Used to be a big Buffy and Angel watcher though.

For some reason, I don't have the patience to watch much TV these days.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
This fall, I've only been watching Scrubs and South Park. I'll add Alias to the list in January.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Mostly I watch TV on DVD now days or older shows in sindication if I'm really bored.

The only show on network TV that I watch regularly that isn't a sport is Joey.

If you gave me a cable package of all the ESPN channels, Fox Sports, TBS/TNT/Cartoon Network, Fox News, and no other channels...it would be perfectly fine with me.

Even a show that I still like a lot for example South Park is not something I feel compelled to watch every Wednesday night anymore.

Its odd because a few years ago, I watched 12 hours a week of professional wrestling alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks