What's new

What are you using for surge suppression? (1 Viewer)

Richard_T

Second Unit
Recently, I've been looking into a new surge suppressor for my system. It's been a long time and i'm looking to replace my old Panamax 6 with something alittle bigger though I like the Panamax name. The build quality and insurance is pretty good in my opinion. I've been talking to a friend of mine who owns the Panamax 5100 and says he likes it quite a bit. I know it's a little old now and it's probably been upgraded a few times but I'm looking to save a few bucks and still get something good. My wife is already saying, "what do you want to spend all that money on some box that doesn't do anything better than what you have already!". Someone please help me explain to my darling wife the virtures of having a better SS so she'll understand. What are you all using?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Whole house. For the stereo equipment, a device based on Silicon Avalanche Diodes. For sundry other things around the house like the washing machine, microwave, etc. $1 Leviton plug ins that I picked up at Home Depot in one of their wheel barrow specials.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I'm using a Panamax RackMax for most of my home theater gear, beacuse it's rack mount and convenient for the in-wall racks I have. For others I'm using an APS computer protector. The projector's on a dedicated line with a little TrippLite box.

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
I have an old Panamax 500DBS for the living room theater and have purchased a Panamax 5510 for the dedicated HT I'm building in the basement right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks