What are you using for surge suppression?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Richard_T, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Recently, I've been looking into a new surge suppressor for my system. It's been a long time and i'm looking to replace my old Panamax 6 with something alittle bigger though I like the Panamax name. The build quality and insurance is pretty good in my opinion. I've been talking to a friend of mine who owns the Panamax 5100 and says he likes it quite a bit. I know it's a little old now and it's probably been upgraded a few times but I'm looking to save a few bucks and still get something good. My wife is already saying, "what do you want to spend all that money on some box that doesn't do anything better than what you have already!". Someone please help me explain to my darling wife the virtures of having a better SS so she'll understand. What are you all using?

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Whole house. For the stereo equipment, a device based on Silicon Avalanche Diodes. For sundry other things around the house like the washing machine, microwave, etc. $1 Leviton plug ins that I picked up at Home Depot in one of their wheel barrow specials.

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I'm using a Panamax RackMax for most of my home theater gear, beacuse it's rack mount and convenient for the in-wall racks I have. For others I'm using an APS computer protector. The projector's on a dedicated line with a little TrippLite box.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Panamax 5100 and very happy with it. Got it for $269 (it's back up to $299), no tax with free UPS ground new from Power Systems Direct. My second system uses a 4300.

5. Bryce_H

Bryce_H Stunt Coordinator

I have an old Panamax 500DBS for the living room theater and have purchased a Panamax 5510 for the dedicated HT I'm building in the basement right now.