What are you thoughts on Jedi Knight outcast II?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howie A, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Howie A

Howie A Second Unit

I know its not the newest game out there, but I was wondering what everyone thought of it?

I played this on the pc and never finished it, do to the annoyance of video card driver frustrations
    (3df/x has no real updates since they are no longer in busness), which caused it to not load at times after a death or even to proceed to a new level.

So I had to rent it from blockbuster and see if it was as cool on the xbox. I think it is a great one player experience and an even better multi-player one..

There is one disturbing factor though.
    I cant help but wonder, what they where thinking when they released this KICK A$$ Multi-player game without a LIVE feature?

WHAT UP WIT DAT LUCAS?

I am guessing this is playable through gamespy?

2. Howie A

Howie A Second Unit

Oops I guess its not playable through the gamespy tunnel..
    These were the games listed for tunnel support:

Deathrow
    Halo
    Ghost Recon
    MechAssault
    MotoGP
    NASCAR Heat 2002
    NFL Fever 2003
    TimeSplitters2
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
    Unreal Championship

Oh well?.?..?.

3. James T

James T Screenwriter

Jedi Outcast is amazing on the PC. It's too bad that you weren't able to fully play it. It's probably better on the PC, but not that much people play it online anymore. The biggest problem I had is that you can't enter the game if the host has a skin/mod that you don't. Most people don't select auto-dl because they think it slows the game down. I never noticed a slowdown. In the original Jedi Knight, if the person didn't have the skin, they would just be shown as the default Kyle skin.

I tried it on the NGC at work and I had problems doing the basic lightsaber attacks. There is no way you could perform some of the moves on the PC using a console. It's just too difficult using the small joystick on the console. The mouse enables you to spin like crazy at super high speed.

4. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

It takes a little getting used to but I found that the gamecube controller was easier to use than the pc for this game. Some of the jumps were really frustrating with the pc but I breezed through them with the cube version. I was a little disappointed in the multiplayer mode but the single player mode is great. This is definitely one of the better star wars games out right now.

5. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

I have the pc version and found it to be one of my favorite games. I haven't played the console versions, but I've heard they're pretty good. I just never get tired of using the force and my lightsaber.

Sean

6. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I thought the game was decent but not fantastic. I played it on the cube which is an inferior version to the XBox and PC(though I agree making those jumps was easier on the cube controller) but I played through it and sold it. It was fun but not a game I could see myself playing over and over again.