1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Greg_S_H, Aug 17, 2010.

1. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    ^ It's on my list, probably my next VR game purchase. I am terrible at racing games though. Does it have an "easy" mode for the racing difficulty? I've never played any version of the game before.

2. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    I checked my playtime and I am just shy of 300 hours in Skyrim. I am beginning to think I’m addicted to it.

3. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I've "finished" World of Final Fantasy. I did all the main story, found it a not just fun but a neat little story. Once you finish the story, it opens up some more dungeons that are more challenging, had fun with those too. There's also Coleseum battles, did those and though maybe I would go for 100%. Got to the mini-games, and they are such annoying, twitch sh*t completely different from the rest of the game, I'm done which means I wont get 100%.

To wrap up nearly 100 hours of play like this, it kind of sucks to be honest. Hard turn based battles requiring strategy is one thing, hard arcade style games in a RPG is garbage. I can't even get a sense of accomplishment from finishing the mirage manual since one of them is tied to a mini-game.

If this is the future of Final Fantasy games, I think I'll stick to the old ones.

4. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    I gave up on a few games because of stuff like that. So different from the rest of the game, I found them really difficult and even "painful" with a PS3/4-style controller, but they were not optional to progress. Went back a year or more later and did them. The memory of the painful parts makes me not want to go back to those games, even though in some ways I'd like to, but I (so far) never go back to the "exact" games I've "completed"...usually a remaster or new chapter of the games comes out, so that suffices.

5. 1965 Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Beginner! :)

I find the PSVR Skyrim even more "addictive" than the flat version, or more like I really lose track of time in the VR world. Possibly just me, but there's something about being in a VR world (even though PS4 Skyrim is not by any means the most VR "immersive" game out there) that adds a certain "immediacy" to things, makes me feel like I need to do this or that *right now* rather than later (my natural inclination...).

By some method that I could never figure out, I played the original version of PSVR Farpoint (usually game updates are automatic on first install). I found a few things I thought could be a bit better. Next time I booted the PS4, the game updated. Much better! This is a long-winded way to say that they incorporated a *real-time wristwatch* into the spacesuit design. Perfect for people like me, even though I know you can pop out of the game to the OS and see the time anytime, having it in front of you as part of the game is much better.

[I'm not playing anything for a while now, so I can annoy you about other topics. :)]