What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm continuing to putter through Fallout 4. Still baffled by the settlements. I think mostly due to how wonky the building of walls is. I tried to wall in all of Sanctuary and it is absolutely ridiculous. Still fun though, wandering about the wasteland, sniping super mutants, finding things I shouldn't be due to future quests. Typically with these games I'm really paranoid about screwing stuff up, but I'm finding myself quite calm with my exploring now. I'm level 22, and still haven't finished the first part of the main quest. Slooooooooooow gaming.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Started on Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds this morning. So far I like it pretty well although the mini games are absolutely stupid and should not have been necessary to gain heart pieces.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The baseball game annoyed me, but I eventually got a decent grasp of it to get the heart piece. It's the only Zelda I've ever 100% finished, although I've came within a heart piece or two quite a few times.

I don't remember the other minigames even though I just played through this a year ago, so they must not be anything special. But at least they must not have annoyed me, since I've forgotten them already.

Other than baseball taking a bit of time to come to terms with, I had few issues. The lackluster Nintendo Treehouse translation sometimes annoyed me and the game locked up and crashed in a dungeon once, but otherwise, it was smooth sailing and my favorite Zelda experience since The Minish Cap.

Hope you end up loving it. :)

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
The baseball game annoyed me, but I eventually got a decent grasp of it to get the heart piece. It's the only Zelda I've ever 100% finished, although I've came within a heart piece or two quite a few times.

I don't remember the other minigames even though I just played through this a year ago, so they must not be anything special. But at least they must not have annoyed me, since I've forgotten them already.

Other than baseball taking a bit of time to come to terms with, I had few issues. The lackluster Nintendo Treehouse translation sometimes annoyed me and the game locked up and crashed in a dungeon once, but otherwise, it was smooth sailing and my favorite Zelda experience since The Minish Cap.

Hope you end up loving it. :)

Thanks. I just got the master sword and am grinding a little so I can buy all the items instead of renting them. I have already picked up all the heart pieces I can get in Hyrule with the exception of the ones won in the mini games. The only Zelda games I have beaten 100% are the original NES game and the Adventure of Link.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Started on Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds this morning. So far I like it pretty well although the mini games are absolutely stupid and should not have been necessary to gain heart pieces.

My third favorite Zelda game, next to the original. And A Link Before Time. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Russell, Have you decided which faction/ending you are going to go with? Have you had to make any decisions yet?

Not yet Scott. I've met the Minutemen but haven't stormed the bunker or whatever that mission is. I've stumbled upon the Brotherhood of Steel but haven't done any of their stuff. I finally went to Diamond City, but still have to find the Detective guy? I've been doing the miscellaneous and side quests instead. I got Piper to idolize me last night, now I'm travelling with Strong to get him to love me while I do side quests. I kind of fell behind with the companions since I've been trucking along with Dogmeat for most of the game.

I'm level 25 and still have a lot to do. I'm reaching that part where I'm worried I wasted my perks up to this point and well be lacking when I cap out at level 50. :(

That said, I think I finally got Sanctuary running okay as a community. Built a bunch of generators and what not. I can't seem to get more than 17 people there though regardless of my food and water production.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Minecraft. Stuck at work but my mind is playing mindcrafts. I had to stop as i was leading a herd of cows and sheep to my place. they'll be treated right don't worry. Well, I do need to make some books...and eat. but I'll only kill the ones that aren't cute or that turn their back on me showing their udders and butts being rude! funny, I'm a veggie in real life and it's funky to murder all these square animals! but i need books and meat!! next, ducks. well chicks, and i need feathers!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Despite Breath of the Wild, I've mostly been working my way through Ocarina of Time 3D recently, in-between World of Warships sessions on my PC.

I don't remember disliking Jabu Jabu's Belly so much when I first played through this after getting it with a Nintendo 64 for Christmas back in 1999. Sort has slowed me down, so I've been exploring, doing side quests, and revisiting areas I haven't seen in years.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Finished Fallout 4 on the PS4. Playing Destiny (came with the PS4) now. Not bad. Great sound on my cheapo 5.1 system, (old Yamaha receiver and Pioneer speakers at NewEgg).

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I recently went back to Fallout 3 after leaving it last summer after finishing the main quest. Have done 3 of the DLCs now (not in as-released order), not sure if I will do the other two, but I said similar after I did the first DLC and in some ways the next two were even better, so...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Pinball Arcade-Cactus Jack's(1991)

Easily the best Gottlieb table I have played. Fun, addictive gameplay. The sounds, and goals of this should make you smile. I cracked 12 million points yesterday. Multiball happens frequently, and manageable with two instead of three.

A few notes about the gameplay- for a big score that will shoot you straight up the leaderboard go for "Jack's Pot" bonus(left ramp) its worth 3 million by itself, and 1 million each additional each time you launch the ball through the left ramp until the time is up. Activate "Thorny Surprise"
As much as possible(far lower right). It lights all the best goals including "Banjo Bonus" and extra ball.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Pinball Arcade-Cactus Jack's(1991)

Easily the best Gottlieb table I have played. Fun, addictive gameplay. The sounds, and goals of this should make you smile. I cracked 12 million points yesterday. Multiball happens frequently, and manageable with two instead of three.

I really have to update my Pinball Arcade on the PS4 to all the tables. I'm slowly going through the ones I have to get the standard goals, but since they didn't transfer over from the PS3 I'm missing a bunch. Took me ages to get them on Cirqus Voltair due to not being able to hit an extra ball. I really need to practice my nudging of the table.

I need the table packs for the newer "Stern Pinball Arcade" as well. Maybe I'll splurge this month. I've been holding out for a sale that I doubt will come. :S

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My son is completely addicted to GTAV (online only; he's too young for the single-player story). It's very clever, with a million different missions and mini-games created by the studio as well as by players. Now I'm curious to try it, but I'm afraid that if I get away from Sniper Elite III I'll lose my mojo and be unable to get back into it, so I'm going to finish that first. It may take a while though. . .

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
LOL, just to be clear, it isn't necessarily the game itself that is bad online, it's the other players. Just logging in to the free roam, more often than not you are greeted with an endless barrage of 'F**k you you p***y a** n*****r, and many many other comments that make that look tame. You can of course mute other players but this is a process that requires several clicks each and every time you join a lobby. Unless he always only plays with the tv muted, I would posit that he has already been exposed to the worst society has to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks