What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm slow too. Just picked up Bioshock Infinate and Season pass. Total $15 on steam. Can't beat that! But I'm still on Bioshock 1! :wacko:

I'll get AW installed soon.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bioshock 1 was great and worth finishing!These crazy steam sales tempt me to switch back to PC gaming next iteration.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Just started playing grand turismo 6. I'm enjoying it quite a bit! The grand turismo series is the only racing series that I have ever fallen in love with.

I would have been playing some classics too, but the Retron 5 got delayed again. Can't wait until I finally get my hands on one of those (I pre-ordered mine months ago).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
DaveF said:
Bioshock 1 was great and worth finishing!These crazy steam sales tempt me to switch back to PC gaming next iteration.
I have to say, after upgrading to my current PC (many moons ago) the graphics were suddenly glitchy. Now they aren't too bad, after some drivers updates.

The sales are nuts. And those bundle things! My collection on steam has grown and grown. I'll never complete all these. Luckily, I'm not somebody who is worried about games that will age or need the latest thing.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Got two new Lego games for Christmas (they're a present for me and my boys - they like to watch and offer guidance).

Started Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga last week - got through Episodes I and II in story mode. Man, I love these games. Simple, fun, no pressure, and the boys are getting to be really helpful in pointing things out that they see and telling me when I need to replenish my health.

Once this is done, we have Lego Marvel Superheroes to tackle. Can't wait for that one, but getting Star Wars close to 100% is going to take some time.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yep, that's the one I am playing (Marvel), guaranteed your boys will dig it.I started playing Bioshock Infinite again last night as I too got the season pass for $5. It still has me stymied, I KNOW they are trying to make a political point rather than just using it as a stepping off point for farce and racism, but damn if I can figure it out yet.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Got "Saints Row IV" and "The Last of Us" for PS3 for Christmas. I don't know if I have enough coordination to play either, but they're fun so far. Started "Serious Sam 3" on Steam. I don't know when I'll get to play the zillion games I bought during the current Steam sale, and I'm dying to get back to Skyrim!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Jason Charlton said:
Got two new Lego games for Christmas (they're a present for me and my boys - they like to watch and offer guidance). Started Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga last week - got through Episodes I and II in story mode. Man, I love these games. Simple, fun, no pressure, and the boys are getting to be really helpful in pointing things out that they see and telling me when I need to replenish my health. Once this is done, we have Lego Marvel Superheroes to tackle. Can't wait for that one, but getting Star Wars close to 100% is going to take some time.
Lego Star Wars was great! Harry Potter is good too.
Yep, that's the one I am playing (Marvel), guaranteed your boys will dig it.I started playing Bioshock Infinite again last night as I too got the season pass for $5. It still has me stymied, I KNOW they are trying to make a political point rather than just using it as a stepping off point for farce and racism, but damn if I can figure it out yet.
Ultimately, not really. Not like Bioshock was an amazing parody of Atlas Shrugged. The real story emerges later in the game, and is ultimately better than a political commentary.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Glad to be giddy upping again with Bioshock. Really, it was graphic glitches before, then drivers fixed that and then it was mouse moving just way way off. Now, a mouse tweaky (posted in steam's biohock forum) . it all works pretty good now. I need to get to the end before something else shows up! lol I heard BS2 works a bit better. Really excited about continuing on.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Just Platinum'd on Resogun (PS4). Trying to finish up Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle on 3DS while my PS3 is being serviced, then debating on what to go to next.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Finished a full play through of infinity Blade 2. I need to google whether it's worth a second play, or if it's just level grinding.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm still slowly kicking away at Fallout New Vegas. Starting to get into cleaning up side quests, so it's a lot more interesting than it was before. I still find it all a bit baffling though.

Started playing Pokemon Ruby on the Gameboy Advance (via an emulator on my phone anyway...). I've been wanting to try a Pokemon game for ages to see what they're all about. Ends up they're all about the FUN! I'm not sure if I'm going to bother catching them all, but I'm in for a bit.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
I picked up a pokemon game as well recently, it was pokemon y. It is a huge improvement over the older ones. I havent had much time to play it though. My wife on the other hand has played both x and y a ton (she had to have her own copies). She owns every american release of pokemon and almost all thr japanese releases (she collects those)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I finally played the Pokemon CCG with my kid. There's a reason why it's one of the few CCGs you still see everywhere. Also on the tabletop front (did I mention this yet?), I had a chance to play the Bioshock: Infinite board game. It's very good, but also very involved. I don't know that I'd recommend it to people who aren't already experienced boardgamers, unless they're *really* into Bioshock.

I picked up CoD: MW2 for PS3 for $4.49 so the boy and I could play co-op FPS missions aside from the World at War campaign. (For some reason, he hasn't been into trying Resistance, which is weird considering how much he likes SF stuff.) It has some nice missions. When we fired it up, it suggested that I play through the single-player campaign first, so I'm wondering if the co-op missions aren't just re-purposed mission sections from the campaign.

That got me to take a break from The Saboteur and fire up the single-player campaign from the first Modern Warfare for the first time. I can see why it was considered the very best game of 2007. When I finish, I'll go back to The Saboteur. . .it may not be an award-winner, but third-person adventures are still my favorite, and the concept is still right up my alley. Vive la resistance! :)

Oh, and I was finally forced to actually buy the current release version of Minecraft for Junior. Sigh. . .

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Aaron Silverman said:
I finally played the Pokemon CCG with my kid. There's a reason why it's one of the few CCGs you still see everywhere. Also on the tabletop front (did I mention this yet?), I had a chance to play the Bioshock: Infinite board game. It's very good, but also very involved. I don't know that I'd recommend it to people who aren't already experienced boardgamers, unless they're *really* into Bioshock..
Good to know. I saw the game at the local shop, when I was shopping for Power Grid for Christmas.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
They run Pokemon card tourney's ever Sunday at my local comic book shop. I'm not sure I want to dive into that though. The game play of Ruby is surprisingly deep. I mean, it's not hurting my brain or anything, but there is strategy and things to do. A fun little, lighthearted RPG.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yeah, there is zero chance of me attempting to play a CCG seriously. :)

I've seen the Bioshock game for sale online for as low as $35, although that was a holiday sale. Would've picked up a copy if I wasn't trying to cut down (and if the person whose house I usually game at didn't have one).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks