What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
FEAR 2 is starting to get dull towards the end. Wonderful visuals, beautifully dark yet detailed... just not enough happening. The "fear" is about gone. :( But I don't care! I will not switch to building castles and rollercoasters in that game I won't mention the name of no more!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I've never played my PS3 that much. It has been my primary Blu-Ray player for years, and I've had a couple really good games for it but my XBOX 360 has been my main gaming system....until about a week ago.

I owned PINBALL ARACADE for my 360 but Microsoft has some legal issues with the developer, or publisher. I'm not sure which. As a result no further pinball tables were produced for that system. I found out PS3 also has PINBALL ARCADE with all the most recent tables, I downloaded it, and got a couple new tables and played them. Mainly the table CENTAUR from 1981.

Now I thought Gorgar was a tough table but Centaur is amazingly hard, therefore once I learned the playfield I made it my mission to master it. I've put somewhere in the ballpark of 50 hours of playtime in, and last time I checked I was # 922 on the leaderboards with a score of nearly 5 million. My goal isn't to get into the top ten because that is just frikkin crazy but being in the top 100 will make me happy, and to do that I'll need a score of 10,000,000 or more. 5x multiball makes my heart skip a few beats everytime I unlock it. It is insane!

Haunted House is my favorite Pinball of all time, and I haven't even got into it yet. One table at a time :(

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I should bust out Williams Pinball Arcade again. It's a nice implementation. I wonder if I can download those other tables through it.

James, forget that other game and get Disney Infinity. You can be Jack Skellington instead of Steve!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Aaron Silverman said:
I should bust out Williams Pinball Arcade again. It's a nice implementation. I wonder if I can download those other tables through it.
If I remember correctly, Williams is by the same people behind "Pinball Arcade", but they aren't compatible. Pinball Arcade has updated mechanics and what not, so you have to purchase the new tables.

My playing of PA has dropped off since I'm still playing that stupid Fallout New Vegas. I don't know why I'm not loving it like I was FO3 and Skyrim, but I'm not. I finally found all the skill books I was hunting so maybe now that I'll dig into the main and side quests more I'll have more fun.

I downloaded the demo to Minecraft last night on the PS3. I'll wait until I'm done with New Vegas before playing :P

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Infinity Blade II for iPad. A little Tilt to Live on iPhone. (Vacation travels, so get back to some portable gaming)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Startopia. Flew under my radar when it came out. Being a huge fan of the Dungeon Keepers (DK3 would be nice...please) helps. This really is great fun and a hellava challenge. Ive yet to be successful on Mission 2 where you have to build and run a space hospital. I got 83 patients saved before over 10 died. That's close, you have to get 100. One of those games you just know what you did wrong (on the 6th time through) and will win next time! Anyway, this was $1.40 (w/ greenmangaming's code...now it's $6.99), runs beautifully, looks fantastic for a 2001 game! Better than you'd expect.

FEAR 2 reborn. I hope this is short. I forgot about it and was looking forward to uninstalling FEAR 2. It is good though...

(finished) Flashback remake demo. Getting mixed reviews but I thought it was pretty good. Tempted at $5. But I'll hold off a little longer and finish up Trine 2, which is a much much better platformer. Still, I wanted more Flashback after I finished the demo bits.

Planning to play more: Witcher, Sniper ghost Warrior, Farcry 2...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Getting into GTA 5 again. I can't tell you why but I have always had a tough time playing the "bad guy" in games, after all it is just a game. As soon as I get so far in story mode I usually stop playing because of some gross out mission or another. The online mode is more fun for me. You can race against other players, which is fun. Or there is always one jerk that will single you out and kill you multiple times at random in Los Santos. In that I feel justified hunting them down as well and running them over or blowing them up :) I now have an expensive apartment and a custom 10 car garage, so I've been "collecting" great cars throughout the city. Beautiful, huge game that plays better than it looks.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Alan WakeWow, what a start! Trippy psychological horror action game. As much movie as game so far. No idea what's going on, but it's a good experience.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
Alan WakeWow, what a start! Trippy psychological horror action game. As much movie as game so far. No idea what's going on, but it's a good experience.
Great game!

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
DaveF said:
Infinity Blade II for iPad. A little Tilt to Live on iPhone.(Vacation travels, so get back to some portable gaming)
Current slave to Disney Hidden Worlds on iPad--
World's easiest hidden-object game, but spiffily Disney-animated, with an MMORPG-like hook where you have to craft objects to get to the next level, but they won't be ready until tomorrow or a few hours later, if you remember to check in...
(And that's always how it starts. :wacko: )

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bryan^H said:
Great game!
Good to hear. It got good reviews and is $20, so it went on th Christmas list. Hope to play though some older, high-quality games I missed, this year.
Ejanss said:
Current slave to Disney Hidden Worlds on iPad--World's easiest hidden-object game, but spiffily Disney-animated, with an MMORPG-like hook where you have to craft objects to get to the next level, but they won't be ready until tomorrow or a few hours later, if you remember to check in...(And that's always how it starts. :wacko: )
I haven't heard of that. I'm so far behind on my iOS gaming, with IB2, Badlands, Mirrors Edge, Swords and Scorcery, and Dead Zone in the queue!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Finished 400 days in 1 sitting too. Playing Stanley Parable was fun fior a bit.Confused as hell by Monaco and Rocksmith 2014.Tomb Raider, Gone Home, Brothers and Day z next up.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Lego Marvel on PS4, I think it expected too much of new users to figure things out on first mission but I got the hang of it after a few web checks. Got it locked now, I think.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Finished the whole FEAR 2, incl Reborn. The whole package is short, but fun. A few good scares, lots of uneasiness at times (school level, woah!) but both parts end so suddenly without much effort from the player. The gunfights were okay, but not up to the first game. I have the 3rd, but I'm holding off for now. I have no interest in a free to play FEAR Online. But a single player FEAR 4 would be fine. They need to keep the scare level high (school level was right on the money!) and bring the action back from the first game since it felt so fluid much like parts of Half Life 2 did.

Now playing Witcher Enhanced from where I left off before, finished the first big part (witch/children) after the opening bit in the castle. Now I'm trying to tackle "the beast". :) Superb game so far. I have Witcher 2 onhand as well. Looking forward to it... but Witcher 1 is fine for now. Reminds me of a Hammer horror movie. Amazing it only costs $2.50 now. I think I paid $10. Everyone should own this game.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
DaveF said:
That's good to hear. I have both parts in my gog.com account. Looking forward to trying them out. Maybe now that FEAR is done I could play AW next.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Radioman970 said:
That's good to hear. I have both parts in my gog.com account. Looking forward to trying them out. Maybe now that FEAR is done I could play AW next.
Fire it up. We can start a thread. But I'm a slow player :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks