What's new

What are you playing right now? (2 Viewers)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^ actually, I first played the demo and just felt like it was aimless. I abandoned it right quick!

then in the month or so that followed... I noticed how much it was being talked about on the net, etc. And did some investigation. I hadn't realized that everything was destructible. And you crafted stuff out of the elements you get when you destruct things. Just knowing I could dig and dig and dig and find all sorts of stuff to use, or places to see, had me back in the saddle. It went from "what is this ugly thing?" to "this is a marvel".

For MC 2 I hope they add more RPG elements, smarter NPCs, more unique caves, dungeons... just more uniqueness overall, whereever possible. As it is, I can often tell when I'm near a familiar area but other times I'll make a mistake and travel in the wrong direction. If they could take this much openness and make it unique enough so you can tell one mountain, valley, water area and cave from the last... they'd truly have something worthy as a followup.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Anyone heard of Path of Exile yet? It's an indie Diablo clone out of New Zealand, made by a small group of gamers. It's intended for online play with a bunch of folks, but I started playing solo yesterday (I'm not big on online gaming). There are two big differences between PoE and Diablo and the like.

First, there's no gold system. Dead monsters drop "loot," but no dinero. You don't find any gold to buy/upgrade weapons, you regain health potions and mana by killing things (can't buy 'em) and you trade unwanted items for stuff you DO want, but it's not as easy as it sounds. You can also trade stuff online with other players.

Second, and this is the kicker: it's totally free to play! I get wary whenever I hear that term, because it usually means that you can start out for free, but to make any progress to an "end game," it's gonna cost you real-world money to do so. No this game, any real-world transactions go toward mere cosmetic changes to your avatar, meaning that my free avatar can level up and be just as good as someone's who paid five bucks for a really shiny crown.

You can download the game from the site if you want, but I went the Steam route for an easy (4 GB) install. I only played for about an hour last night, and while it's not as much fun as Torchlight 2, you can't beat the price for something this great...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Nothing at the moment.

Friday will be a big day for me:

3DS- Zelda A Link Between Worlds

And the new Mario game for the Wii U

Also I plan on getting Beyond Two Souls for the PS3......Anyone here own it? It looks pretty fantastic.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Friend of mine played Beyond and said it was the best acting he's seen in a game with such an awful script. Basically, Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe rock because they're pros but everything else is subpar. He called it completely average overall.

Currently, I'm playing ACIV and Killzone on PS4 with some Contrast and Resogun on the side. I have Knack but haven't cracked it open yet.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Tomb Raider 2103 - PC version with the 3D option turned on. This game is graphically gorgeous and a lot of fun to play. Not for the small fry - pretty gory.

The best implementation of 3D I have seen in any game. Amazing!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
We started Lego LotR. Don't really like it. Haven't played it in over a month. I wish the Lego Miami Vice was on Xbox, it looks fun.I'm in between games. Have Alan Wake, FO:NLV, and Remember Me on the wish list.Maybe I'll fire up Civ Rev, it's been a few months since I got burned out.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Pinball FX2. There's a humble bundle going on right now. 24 tables (I think) for $6. flashy, distracting graphics... and the looking PB I've ever seen. endless fun.

Also, that game that starts with a M that I'm seriously trying to slow down on since it's straining my eyes and circulation in my hands. That M game....

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
DaveF said:
We started Lego LotR. Don't really like it. Haven't played it in over a month.
Oh, lord, how I wish and pray Lego will stop doing those immersive "Lego World" areas, where you have to travel across the entire state and find your missions and red bricks like needles in haystacks (qv. Lego Batman 2)
Give me the old fashioned "One room" mission-central, like in Star Wars and Harry Potter, and let us find the red bricks in the game.
Haven't played Lego Marvel Heroes yet, can someone give me the bad news, yes or no?
Radioman970 said:
Pinball FX2. There's a humble bundle going on right now. 24 tables (I think) for $6. flashy, distracting graphics... and the looking PB I've ever seen. endless fun.
I've been WANTING to buy Pinball Arcade on PSN--which reproduces the actual greatest legendary real-life machines from Williams and Gottlieb, like Twilight Zone, Circus of Magic and Black Hole--but now I see that they're also going to be upgraded for PS4, as soon as the current new machine drives stop catching fire. So I wait.

(In the meantime, I found that my Gamestop GC's were just a few dollars short of picking up a copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix.
But also that somewhere in our state library system, they have a free rental copy of my current guilty pleasure, Hatsune MIku Project Diva F--Sort of the cute Japanese-idol equivalent of Guitar Hero, and I guarantee, a dozen or so times through the levels, and the songs WILL get stuck in your head for life:

Radioman970 said:
About 2 hours played on Doom BFG. This game is still scary to play. the monster closets are certainly a cheat in modern gaming (was fine back then, not many complained I don't think), but the atmosphere of the game is a real winner.
Ah, I miss the old days when you could play Doom II on PC, and insert fan-made sound packs you could find on the Internet--
Used to play it for hours at a stretch with Rocky & Bullwinkle sound effects. Although it did rather cut down on the "scary" factor somewhat. :lol:
(Eg., after dying out of the level:"Well, will our hero be able to extricate himself?" "I will as soon as I get loose!" "Tune in for our next exciting episode, 'It's Only a Flesh Wound', or 'Better Dead Than Lead'!")

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I love Pinball Arcade on the PS3, and plan to get the PS4 upgrade IF I decide to buy a PS4. The Zen Pinball game is all right, but doesn't compare to Pinball Arcade in my opinion. Just doesn't feel like pinball to me. I think Pinball Arcade is on Steam now, it's gotten some good reviews.

I'm still playing Fallout New Vegas and it's not really doing it for me. I'm tempted to blaze through the main story and chuck it aside. A far cry from Fallout 3 where I was not wanting it to end. I don't know what exactly is wrong with Fallout New Vegas, but something's not right. :S

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
I love Pinball Arcade on the PS3, and plan to get the PS4 upgrade IF I decide to buy a PS4. The Zen Pinball game is all right, but doesn't compare to Pinball Arcade in my opinion. Just doesn't feel like pinball to me. I think Pinball Arcade is on Steam now, it's gotten some good reviews.
Me too. I have it for the 360. Learning each playfield of the specific pinball tables is so much fun. My favorite is Gorgar(1,460,000 YES!!) but also really like Black Hole, and Black Knight. The 90's tables are great, but the late 70's/early 80's tables are my favorite.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
@ Ejanss. I remember sound packs, etc. for Doom. I remember not knowing how to get them to work right. :)

@ Russell. I see Piball Arcade. Intesting. I guess it works similar to FX2..? You can play a little of each table..? I'll try it out sometime.

I like the idea of playing real tables.

On FX2 I really like EPIC and the Star Wars table with Luke Skywalker. Hulk is good too. The ball got stuck on Spiderman, and I had 8mil on ball 1. I had to end the game. :( I hope they fix that.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Bryan^H said:
Nothing at the moment.

Friday will be a big day for me:

3DS- Zelda A Link Between Worlds

And the new Mario game for the Wii U

Also I plan on getting Beyond Two Souls for the PS3......Anyone here own it? It looks pretty fantastic.
UPDATE:

Zelda is stunning. A true throwback to classic Zelda games of old with great graphics, and sound. Perfection, and nothing less.

Mario World 3D for the WII U is so much fun. Feels like MArio 64, but it really shines when you play with a friend(up to 4 players) Just great.

Beyond Two Souls. Ok, this may be the best game I play this year. I love video games, and the games I really like the story for are always decent.....but none have I ever "connected" with on an emotional level(on par with any of the best dramatic films in movie form) until this game.

MINOR SPOILER:
The character voiced and modeled by Ellen Page is a telepathic/telekinetic girl that is raised at a young age by a government facility that hones her skills until she is an adult. Then she works for the CIA as a spy. The story jumps back and forth from a very little girl to an adult, and there are many, many choices you can choose along the way, making the replayability off the charts(different actions/different outcome). You will feel bad for her as this seems to be the nature of the game. My friend brought over his XBOX ONE to show me, and while Dead Rising 3, and Killer instinct are fun, and look fantastic I think the graphics of Beyond Two Souls is much better. This is one beautiful game.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Radioman970 said:
Also, that game that starts with a M that I'm seriously trying to slow down on since it's straining my eyes and circulation in my hands. That M game....
I read this as 'That rated M game' and it took on a whole different meaining....

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I got to Chapter 3 in Dead Rising 3. Not sure I dig it yet or not. It is pretty, stuff blows up good, and there are hordes and hordes of zombies, but the flow is.... I dunno yet.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I used to love all the Guitar Hero/ Rock Band games, but Rocksmith 2014 is so genius that it wouldn't be right to ever play them again when I could actually be improving myself on a real instrument (with a selection of songs that I actually like).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If games were about developing skills instead of simulating them for fun, there would be more farmers, pilots, and criminals in the world.

But yeah, I've heard Rocksmith is great. Unfortunately, my interest in music only extends to faking it with plastic instruments.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
4WqTXig.jpg

NBA 2K14 has absolutely taken over my life. Probably played 3 days straight. Above, the results, oooh.. that Jordan endorsement deal (Ultra Rare trophy with a .06 claim rate) and a nice 9k VC payout

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Right now Black Flag on the PS4 has my attention. Just finished off all of the side missions and hunts in Havana. Starting on the sugar mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks