What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Sam Posten said:
Did you try Sleeping Dogs?

Saints Row The Third will be free later this month,
Downloaded but didn't try Sleeping Dogs. It looked good, and I think I will like it. Thought I'd finish up a couple of games on the shelves I paid for before getting into the free stuff.

Speaking of free stuff, I still have Saints Row the Third sitting on my shelf unplayed since getting it 2 years ago for $20. Oh well, now I know never to pay for anything until I'm right ready to jump into it! :laugh:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
mattCR said:
Dave-Nope never played Bioshock 1. I played Bioshock Infinite, enjoyed it a fair bit, Bioshock 2 was free for PSN+ Members a few months ago so I grabbed it, and I'm playing through it now.. I'm kind of going in reverse order it seems.
!free with argue can't II'm about a quarter through my replay of Bioshock Infinite. The more I play this game, the more I like both the story and its telling. I hope to do more discussion in the thread. There's good stuff there. I've really enjoyed the Bioshock series. I hope for more.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I wish I could just finish Bioshock 1. After upgrading my PC a few years back the mouse control feels worse in that game. Hoping it fixes in BS2. BS1 is one of the few games where the mouse control went south after my upgrade.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wow, either time is passing a lot faster than I even noticed, or PS+ is offering some pretty recent A-list titles for free!

Wait. . .Saints Row 3 was $20 2 years ago? Oy vey. . .

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Aaron Silverman said:
Wait. . .Saints Row 3 was $20 2 years ago? Oy vey. . .
Around there? I picked it up on a boxing day blow out thing the year it came out, along with the Assassins Creed game before Assassins Creed III came out.

I've been playing so much Skyrim for so long I can't keep track of the release dates anymore! :rolling-smiley:

Joey Urban

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Just started Bioshock Infinate and play Split Second a bit.

I am about 3/4 through Mass Effect III but I don't want to go any further on principle. :unsure:

I also play Catan quite a bit... it's kind of an addiction.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I've bought exactly three games on release day in the last 5 years: Civ V, Dishonored, Infamous 2. Civ V and Dishonored were completely worth it; Infamous 2 wasn't as good as the original, but still fun.

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
I'm currently replaying all the Mass Effect games. I know, I vowed to never touch another Bioware game after the debacle that was the original ending, but they're just too damned good. I haven't played the original ending yet, and I played the original time through on ps3, so I figured I'd give it another shot. This time around I'm playing on the newish PC build, ( sunk 1000 dollars in to it earlier this year ) .. with all the graphics maxed. I've got to say it looks Ridiculously amazing, and the audio on the new PSB 7.2 setup blows me away. I've also download the Deluxe expansion this time around ( I've just started ME3 ) for the Prothean team member. Love it!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I have all the ME games I'm still on the first though. Awfully good stuff. I need to get back to it.

Playing a bit of Legend of Grimrock. hard to get back into that one after so long. Luckily I found my spell list, so that will make it fun. Hoping the sequel has more exploration and less puzzle. Or maybe just a better balance of each.

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
mattCR said:
I've bought exactly three games on release day in the last 5 years: Civ V, Dishonored, Infamous 2. Civ V and Dishonored were completely worth it; Infamous 2 wasn't as good as the original, but still fun.
I bought civ 5 looking forward to hours of gaming from it, but have hardly played an hour. I'm sorry but not being able to stack units ruined it for me in a big way. Too bad.

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
Sam Posten said:
Skyrim! Level 17!
I've finished this twice on PS3 - but now that my PC has the muscle to run this on ultra with mods, I might just buy and play it again. What platform are you playing on?. I must say that I made one insane archer last time, and spent hours on my alchemy and crafting to make my dragon armor and Daedric bow RIDICULOUS. It was almost cheating in retrospect.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
sean1976 said:
I've finished this twice on PS3 - but now that my PC has the muscle to run this on ultra with mods, I might just buy and play it again. What platform are you playing on?. I must say that I made one insane archer last time, and spent hours on my alchemy and crafting to make my dragon armor and Daedric bow RIDICULOUS. It was almost cheating in retrospect.
What are the specs on your PC? Just curious. I've been looking atthe idea of another desktop machine, but I'm not really up on what would constitute a good graphics box for a reasonable price.

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
Edwin-S said:
What are the specs on your PC? Just curious. I've been looking atthe idea of another desktop machine, but I'm not really up on what would constitute a good graphics box for a reasonable price.
I've got a 3570k Overclocked ( these chips are a breeze to OC! ) to 4.4ghz, 2 x 8 gigs of ram @ 1600mhz, a 750watt NZXT hale 90 modular PSU, an Asus P8Z77 V Pro motherboard, and the crown jewel in it is my Nvidia GTX 680 4gig w/ backplate ( I thought I'd invest in the model with extra memory to future proof ) OC'd up to about 1250 without touching the voltage. I've got it all in an older Antec P182 mid-tower which I've modded a bit for air circulation, with 5 fans ( 4 off the motherboard and controlled by Asus proprietary AI suite fan controller software ) For storage I've got a 1 tb HHD, and a 128gig SSD for Windows, ai suite, browsers and anything else that I use regularly. ... I pretty much put it all together this year. I suppose had I waited a few more months I could have taken advantage of the new GTX 770 and 780's that are out now, but I think my card will last several years as is. Now's a great time with the launch of those new cards to build yourself a machine, as with the release of the Haswell chips you can get the last generation of IVY bridge chips at a steal as well.
If you want some great advice from some knowledgeable friendly folks, hop on over to Hardware Heaven ( my go to Computing Forum site )... post your budget and you'll be sure to get the best advice possible on parts to give you the system you want. Here's the link: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Cool. Now play the first one :)
To really bake your noodle, re-read Atlas Shrugged at the same time.

I do think that the original Bioshock executes the ironic story-telling the best of the three. It's inverted take on Ayn Rand is impressive. I think Infinite has the better core story, but it's got a lot of extra padding to make it a 'game' and not just a 'movie'. BioShock 2 is an excellent sequel -- a Portal 2 to the original Portal, and expanding all the themes of the first -- but I don't think it exceeded the original the way HL2 Ep2 did to HL.

I'm about half-way through my re-play of Bioshock Infinite. I missed an important character moment the first time through, The Graveyard Shift. I was going to reference a movie that gave me similar fits, but I think that might give too much away.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I finished up the first Uncharted game on the PS3 and have jumped right into Uncharted 2. Probably not the best way to play these games since the game play is repetitive, but it's how I'm rollin' on these.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Little Inferno. I know at least one person who shouldn't play this game. Holy hell... he had enough fascination for fire as it was. Weird, sometimes disturbing but fun little game about burning stuff up in your fireplace. Some mystery involved as well. And graphically it's very pleasant. One of those kinds of games you can't stop playing and don't exactly know why, kind of like Minecraft does. Already over 3 hours of play and I just got the thing. I have plenty around my own house I should now be inspired to make ash. Highly recommended, well made little gem...kind of "toy" more than "game", at least at the start.

Others Crysis 2, Bioshock 1, Fear 2... breaking from Minecraft for now. something else i need to do instead.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
sean1976 said:
Steam with no real mods loaded. Heavy Armor, 2 hand sword with a little dabbling in archery and fire/healing. Loving it. Usually I play the glass cannon style mage shooting from the rear but Skyrim melee is fun for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks