What's new

What are you playing right now? (2 Viewers)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by Radioman970 /t/303175/what-are-you-playing-right-now/330#post_3971042
Also, installed the Cars 2 racing game that came in a 6-game Disney pack with other movie related games like G-Force (which looks neat) and Toy Story 3. Come pirate games, one with the lego graphics. Funny, I don't think I've seen any of the movies these were from. lol But I'm sure I'll get my money's worth even though there are no kids in the house. Hell, I'm a big kid. cool stuff!
$8.99 for each of those Disney sets. I would have paid that much for Tron and Pure.

You piqued my interest so I also downloaded the pack. I've been playing the Toy Story 3 game while my 4 year-olds watch and cheer and I have to admit, for a simple-looking game, it's quite entertaining and (in parts challenging) certainly worth the package price. Although it's clearly too advanced in operation for my young ones - I'm hopeful that some of the other games in the pack will be a bit easier for them to tackle on their own.

At least for now, it's a nice diversion and a great introduction to gaming for them. I have yet to install or set up any of the others...

Thanks for the heads up on this!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by DaveF /t/303175/what-are-you-playing-right-now/330#post_3972119
Was playing "Where's My Water" (iPad) and "Mass Effect" (360).

As is my lot these days, a combination of workload and hand problems have kept me away for a month or two again. I'm going to fire up the Xbox today and see if I can get a little gaming in again.

I will admit, "Where's My Water" and "Where's Perry" are two of the games that I have spent WAY too much time on.. add in Scramble, and you've got most of my game playing. :) But I'm still working through Infamous 2, and about to start Uncharted 3

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Jason Charlton said:
You piqued my interest so I also downloaded the pack.  I've been playing the Toy Story 3 game while my 4 year-olds watch and cheer and I have to admit, for a simple-looking game, it's quite entertaining and (in parts challenging) certainly worth the package price.  Although it's clearly too advanced in operation for my young ones - I'm hopeful that some of the other games in the pack will be a bit easier for them to tackle on their own.
At least for now, it's a nice diversion and a great introduction to gaming for them.  I have yet to install or set up any of the others...
Thanks for the heads up on this!
You're welcome! I've heard good things about Toy Story 3 the game. I've really got to get around to seeing the film.
Cars 2 is definitely complicated to pick up. Lots of functions you have to learn. And navigating can be a challenge on those tracks. I've abandoned the game because of the CTD issues. :( I installed G-Force recently but haven't yet tried it out. Looks like a blast to me. I agree, that was very cheap for this set of games. I'm sure I'll be able to play Cars 2 fully in the future. Maybe on a different system. I read that even folks with XP machines had problems. May be my AMD video card.... I'm planning a nVidia for my next.
I'm playing the new Black Mesa Source HL upgrade. REALLY fun. It's not HL3 (or HL2 for that matter) but it'll do for now. Highly recommend it and it's FREE! HERE is the official. I got it downloaded through the torrent option.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
As soon as the UPS man comes, I'll be playing Borderlands 2.
I'm also playing pinball arcade's new pinball tables on the VIta. Gorgar and Monster Bash

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Uhm, you didn't hear this from me but...
HERE
Don't say anything, just load up your cart. Try different browsers and Origin's own app to get yourself 3 or 4.
I'm OUTTA HERE!
:jawdrop:
UPDATE: it doesn't work anymore. Oh well....

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I took a break from Heavy Rain and busted out Resistance. Bought it years ago and played a little bit (co-op with my dad, IIRC), but never got very far into it.
Been kind of addicted to it since the middle of last week. :) No idea how far into it I am, though. Needless to say, Resistance 2 goes on the shopping list (I already picked up R3 when it was Best Buy's deal of the day for $10, just to have something to play with my Move shooter).
Speaking of shopping lists, there's a new God of War collection that includes all 5 GoW games. GameStop was selling it (used, I think) for $30!!!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Forgot, between getting free games from Origin and watching horror movies for the HTF challenge, I can't stop thinking about Battlefield 3. Finally picked that one up on sale. As fun as I'd hoped. I prefer the old 1942, but this is amazing for what it is. Multiplayer is unbeatable, but I found the single player campaign pretty fun at the start. Looks pretty good. A video driver update (AMD/ATI from 12.4 to 12.8) smoothed it out on ultra. Not perfectly smooth, but enough. I can always knock something down later. Origin was good enough to give me Karkand DLC for free. :D Hard to keep from playing it... will be really fun next month for chillout periods. Will really need that.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
mattCR said:
...and about to start Uncharted 3
It's a great ride! Enjoy!
I'm kind of intrigued by Borderlands 2. has anyone played it yet?
I'm neck deep in Torchlight II at the moment, and LOVING it!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Finished Crysis Warhead after a few marathon plays. Rather easy. The ending bit was broken on my PC so I was able to finish it off and watch the credits before I knew what happened. Disappointing compared to the original.
Started Crysis 2 (finally) and it seems most excellent. Nice upgrade graphically from Warhead, a bit from the original game too. Looks like it's gonna be a blast.
Got hooked on Farcry 2 again somehow. Been playing that until my hands are numb. Hard to stop. I've heard all the problems are fixed in FC3. that's nice. The game needs a more random feel. Everything seems to be on tracks too much of the time. The firefights are fun but so samey it gets old after a while. But I'l have numb hands a few more times before stopping again like I did before.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Farcry 2 was driving me crazy near the end. If I got a dollar for every time I required a malaria pill in the middle of a gun fight while dealing with a couple of jammed guns, I'd be rich enough to own the production company that put the game out! Still a lot of fun though.

I'm STILL playing that stupid Rainbow Moon game on the PSN. It's just grind grind grind. The whole thing is designed to be a massive time sink unless you pay money for boost packs so you can level up and buy stuff without grinding. I'm too old school to cheat so I'm grinding away. It has completely scratched my itch to play an old school Final Fantasy 1 RPG though.

Trailer says over 40 hours of play. Bunch of crap, I'm up to 70 I think... :S

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
After a rough day of Christmas shopping...

http://www.amazon.com/Quietude-Gregorian-Chant-Multi/dp/B000000SOP/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1355272767&sr=1-1&keywords=quietude+gregorian

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
mattCR said:
I will admit, "Where's My Water" and "Where's Perry" are two of the games that I have spent WAY too much time on.. add in Scramble, and you've got most of my game playing.  :)    But I'm still working through Infamous 2, and about to start Uncharted 3
Wheres My Water is a hoot :)
Is Uncharted the PS3 game or is it on Xbox? I get that and FarCry confused.
I couldn't get into Mass Effect, so I've given up and switched back to Fallout 3, working through the DLC. Going to get Fez or something light over vacation.
Radioman970 said:
I'm playing the new Black Mesa Source HL upgrade. REALLY fun. It's not HL3 (or HL2 for that matter) but it'll do for now. Highly recommend it and it's FREE! HERE is the official. I got it downloaded through the torrent option.
Tell me more. I love Half Life, and still pine for HL3 in the dark ours of the night.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
@russell, I've been playing FC2 a while and still only 12%. :D But I hear ya about the pills and jammed guns. The animations are terrific, jammed guns, healing... I guess when I'm finally 50% I'll have a different attitude. Played a bit yesterday instead of doing other things I wanted to do. The game really does look impressive... the dark shadowing my be my fav along with Crysis. Feels like real places sometimes. There should be places where you can't quite see anything because of the bright sun. They sort of nailed that.
@ DaveF, It's definitely not HL3. HL3 is in development so that's good news. Black Mesa is bascially HL1 using HL2 engine. It should have been released sooner though... I haven't played in a while. Will definitely get back to it and try to finish. Pretty fun and challenging. and much better than actually going back to the original HL1 and trying to play it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
A week or so ago I finally "finished" that fucking Rainbow Moon game from the PSN. I got 100% achievements. There's still more to do, but it would include countless more hours of grinding that I just don;t have in me. So yeah, if you want an old school RPG that's grind grind grind unless you hit up the paywall, then this is for you. I'll never play another, that's for damned sure! While I wait for the PS3 Skyrim DLC to drop, and more specifically the latest patch that will hopefully correct my game, I'm going to try to burn through the 3 "God of War" games I have left to play. Just stated up the first one from the PS2 in the hi-def remake. I'm about a 3rd of the way through it. Fun stuff, and the perfect cleanse after all that passive Rainbow Moon grinding!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I finished Gunman Clive 3DS (fun game; short, but it's only $1.99) and am in the middle of Cave Story. I'm also in the middle of The Cave and Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I've been playing the original Assassin's Creed. Yeah, the limited mission types get repetitive quickly, but to be honest, running around the beautiful environments is kind of relaxing. So for now, I'm sticking with it. Also, I like the way enemies don't die right away, but writhe around on the ground crying and complaining for a while. It'd be disturbing if it wasn't so hilarious. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I recently played through all the Assassins Creed games except for 3. If you're enjoying that first one, you should really like the next one. They tightened up the controls which made it more enjoyable to play. By Assassins Creed Revelations they added more ways to cause carnage that made for some great suffering animations!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks