What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I might go back to it since it is such a cool idea. That Gummy thing really put me off since it makes little sense in the customize screen and it's kind of the last thing I want to do when I play an RPG. Shame too that they couldn't have done save states on the PS4 port. That's the other thing that kind of killed me on it, knowing I'd be locked into an hour of solid playtime with no breaks if I had to stop early. Makes playing on a work night a hassle.

I know Yakuza Kiwami is a rebuild as opposed to a port, but by adding a save at anytime mechanic (I'm guessing they added it), I can do a little bit and not worry about getting trapped in something that takes an hour. They've left the old Phone Booths in the game so you can still save there and access your extended inventory, but by making the game more flexible to play allows me to play it more often.
On the PS4, you can put the console is rest mode without having to stop your game. When you wake the console up, it will bring you right back to where you last were. You don't "need" to commit to a solid hour of play between save locations.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
On the PS4, you can put the console is rest mode without having to stop your game. When you wake the console up, it will bring you right back to where you last were. You don't "need" to commit to a solid hour of play between save locations.

Your faith on this ability is much stronger than mine. I've had too many instances of the PS4 crashing trying to play a disc, or shutting a game when I start YouTube or PLEX that I will only leave things in a suspended state if I know I'm going back to it later that day.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Granted that I don't use YouTube or Plex, but I've only had either of those things happen maybe once or twice in the 5 years I've owned my PS4. The bigger issue I've run into is if my house loses power and the PS4 shuts off.

I'm not sure there's a strong connection between "the PS4 has problems loading Plex" and "something bad will happen in rest mode."

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Granted that I don't use YouTube or Plex, but I've only had either of those things happen maybe once or twice in the 5 years I've owned my PS4. The bigger issue I've run into is if my house loses power and the PS4 shuts off.

I'm not sure there's a strong connection between "the PS4 has problems loading Plex" and "something bad will happen in rest mode."

I don't know either. I do know that the little swirly thing that is under a game in rest mode has disappeared when another app, including starting a bluray, has crashed. So I'm loath to leave a game like that if I don't plan on returning to it later that day. Especially something like Kingdom Hearts where you can easily play for an hour and be nowhere around a save point.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I started playing Astro Bot (PSVR) a few days ago. I am not very good at pure platformers, but this is the type I can handle: there is nothing "pure" or typical about this game. When you think of it, "third-person VR" is almost a technical oxymoron. But here they did something clever: you play as a robot (you can see what you look like overall in some security system displays). You control another little robot who does mostly everything game-wise, though your character can do many interactive things in the game world, and can take damage if you don't dodge it. Just so much cleverness here, throughout the game and in the Playroom (pretty cool), it will change what people expect from a platforming game. And the game is not easy; it looks like a kids game, or at least "family friendly", but I suspect younger kids would have a hard time with much of it. As well as some older kids...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this is a 1995 VW Corrado that I modified and tuned to be my favorite racing car in Forza Horizon 4. My dream car that is attainable for me in the real world also(if I ever have the desire to follow through with it).

IMG_1105.JPG

FH4 is the game of the year for me. I can't stop playing it.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
LEGO City Undercover, borrowing my niece’s cartridge while I’m visiting. It’s cute, and the mechanics are great. But not as engaging thematically as the movie-property LEGO games.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Are you enjoying it? I’ve seen the promos the past few months. It looks cute, but haven’t gotten around to buying it. $5 is not the obstacle, so much as whether it’s worth making time for.

Yes. If you liked Katamari Damacy you will enjoy this, tho the arenas are much smaller.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I'm having another go-around with Uncharted 4. I started playing it a long time ago and wasn't into it. Somehow I misplaced the game disc (one advantage of DLs...) so bought it again. I think I'm about as far as I got before, and people tell me I'm still at the "boring beginning" before things really start up (I'm somewhere between ep. 6-8). This is a pretty good-looking game, not HZD level, but good. Man it all feels so small after playing a lot of PSVR games lately.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm still playing Yakuza Kiwami. I say "still" because I'm purposely taking forever since I find it so fun. The combat/action is repetitive, but the storytelling and world is just so fun to wander about it. About to start Chapter 8. I don't want it to end!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Still playing COD Shadows of Evil DLC. I was playing solo and not getting very far. Tried with other players and I am getting to more levels even though they have to keep reviving me.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I finally started Dragon Quest XI last weekend. I’ve only been able to play about 4 hours total, even though I have been on vacation this week. So far, the game is meh... nowhere near as interesting or good as the early 2D Dragon Quest / Dragon Warrior games.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Playing some Mario Kart 8, finished the 50cc circuit and now playing the 100cc races.

Back to business travel tomorrow, which means more Zelda.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Still playing Yakuza Kiwami. I'm close to the end of the story, so I'm spinning my wheels playing Texas hold-em and Karaoke since I don't want it to end. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks