What are you paying for Universal Monsters Double Features in Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Echo, Sep 2, 2001.

1. David Echo

David Echo Stunt Coordinator

Mar 18, 2001
    I'm in Montreal and have not made the rounds to my usual haunts for these disks yet but I was dismayed to find them listing on the Future Shop website at $42.99/$36.99 ea. That's at least 5 or 6 bucks more per disk than the first and second wave of releases were. So what I want to know is - How much are people paying for these disks across the country? I really want to pick them up but may wait for a boxed set like I did for the previous releases.
    Thanks in advance.
    "To alcohol, The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." - Homer J. Simpson
  2. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Jan 13, 1999
    I'm not paying anything for them becase they're too f*cking expensive.
    Sam the Record Man only had one in stock - Dracula's Daughter/Son of Dracula - and it was $37.99 on sale!
    Nope. Sorry. I purchased all of the earlier single movie special editions for ~ $24 or $25 when they came out.
    They seem to be listing for ~$42.
    It's a colossal rip off. If Universal pulls their head out of their you-know-what, I'll buy all of them, but without a price reduction, I ain't biting.
  3. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Aug 10, 2000
    One place I found those double features relatively cheap was at Costco. I can't remember exactly how much it was but $29.99 or so comes to mind.
    If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
    My DVD Collection