What are you opinons of the Superbit AIR FORCE ONE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Coleman, Jul 12, 2002.

1. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Wanting to know why the members opinions of this title are as far as the quality of the video transfer and how would you compare the DTS to the DD, also comparing against the first released disc.

David

2. Binh Vu

Binh Vu Stunt Coordinator

bump

3. Jefe Noche

Jefe Noche Stunt Coordinator

I've never seen the first version or heard the DD track on my Superbit. I'll rate what I've seen/heard though:

Video: B
    Audio (DTS): A++ (one of the best and active tracks I've heard.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I read a review of this stating that because of the improved video quality, the digital effects (which were not great to begin with) showed up worse than the regular edition. Other than that, I cannot comment directly on the differences.

5. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    The original version had very good audio and marginal video quality. The Superbit's video is better than the original release, but I am disappointed with the audio tracks. The DD track does not seem as active or intense as the DTS track, but the DTS track has more noticable clipping during scenes where people are screaming (even at very low volumes). The DD track does not seem to have it as badly.

6. Matt Goddard

Matt Goddard Stunt Coordinator

I upgraded to the Superbit and was very impressed with the DTS audio track. I'd say its worth upgrading just for the DTS - the difference was that noticeable. I didn't notice any of the clipping Clinton describes. Video was improved, albeit slightly.

7. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

DTS track is very strong. Didn't notice any picture quality improvements, but the audio is first rate.

8. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

AIR FORCE ONE was the first SuperBit title I purchased to test out my DTS-capable receiver and Sony RPTV. My friends and I were overwhelmed with the quality of the audio track. Amazing!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]