What are you listening to right now?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(The neighbor's teenage kids playing a small concert down the street, which I can hear from my window at home).

They played:

Rockin The Free World - Neil Young
Barracuda - Heart
More Than a Feeling - Boston

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
From the real Mulan...

Man, I wish Disney would release this score complete and uncut in the Legacy Collection style.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The Beatles Let It Be... Naked.

I bought this back in the day but I have no idea where that CD is at the moment. Then today I was at Barnes & Noble and saw it there so I purchased it and ripped it to flac.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The Beatles Let It Be... Naked.

I bought this back in the day but I have no idea where that CD is at the moment. Then today I was at Barnes & Noble and saw it there so I purchased it and ripped it to flac.
Does your copy have the "cactus data shield" basketcase drm on it ?

I also purchased this back when it was first released. My copy was the "desecrated" version with "cactus data shield" drm. (Eventually EMI recalled this desecrated drm version, and re-released it without any drm).

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Does your copy have the "cactus data shield" basketcase drm on it ?

I also purchased this back when it was first released. My copy was the "desecrated" version with "cactus data shield" drm. (Eventually EMI recalled this desecrated drm version, and re-released it without any drm).
It ripped with EAC with no errors. Sounds good 6 tracks in.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
It ripped with EAC with no errors. Sounds good 6 tracks in.
Cool. It sounds like you have the drm-free version.

The "cactus data shield" drm was very very nasty. It had deliberate bad sectors which triggered the cd player/drive's C2 error correction every two or three seconds. In those days circa early-mid 2000s, ripping a "cactus data shield" encoded audio cd disc on a computer cd/dvd drive, would significantly slow down the drive to a crawl and take over a half hour to get a decent rip that was accurate.

Modern computer cd/dvd drives can recognize the signature of several "cactus data shield" drm variants, and rip these desecrated cds easier nowadays. (Albeit still in a haphazard manner).

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smwe16