What's new

What are you doing for the 4th? (1 Viewer)

Justin_M

Agent
Jon,
Thanks for all the tips. I'm definitely going to try some of those spots. Just need to get away from the family for a night. I'm going to be staying with my cousin and his wife in Fenton (?)...how far is that from the Riverfront? He just recently bought a house there and I'm not sure how much of a drive that would be to get down there.

Oh, and I've been through E. St. Louis before, so I know not to go back there. I dated a girl for a summer that lived in Belleville and she took me through there. That was not fun. Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a great weekend. Thanks for the tips...too bad the Cards are out of town that weekend.
oxonce

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Sounds like you're dead set on the Riverfront! You'll have a good time down there. From Fenton the best way to get downtown is Highway 44. Take 44 East to downtown. Once downtown, it will merge into 70 (stay in the far left lanes). You'll only be on 70 for about 1 minute then you'll be exiting on Memorial Drive in front of the Arch. Go past the arch, and then there will be some roads on your right that take you to the landing. A word of advice about parking at the landing. Do not park in the Arch parking lot. You'll know it's the Arch parking lot because it resembles a parking garage. This parking lot is federal property, and if they are running checkpoints and even smell half a beer on you, they'll ring you up for a federal DWI. Park in one of the big open lots in the middle of the landing ($5-$10). Have fun and drink a cold one for me.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Working :angry: I mean... really... how many people are going to be going shopping during my shift? (4pm-10pm)

The 150% regular pay makes me feel much better though ;)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Going to enjoy the three day weekend. Maybe have some friends and family over for a cookout. Then go see some fireworks.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Add me to the @ work list.
Working at a 24 hour road support for trucking companies means holidays don't mean squat. If a holiday comes on your day, you work. I get 3 days off every week(Sun-Tues), so I don't mind, you get used to it.
So too all you normal people out there.....
Have Fun!!!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
First stay-at-home 4th for as long as I can remember. Grilling some chicken and catching local (Seattle) fireworks show in glorious HD.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
As far as a Brit can see, the only notable thing about this 4th July is that it's the 100th anniversary of the birth of Flor Peeters, the noted Belgian organist and composer. I'd never realised that America was so into classical music. Are there going to be recitals of his music? ;)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
OK Andrew, you are hereby sentenced to a viewing of The Great Escape wherein you will learn how even limeys may take part in the celebration of the glorious Fourth.

I'm going to get up early, raise the flag, and go down to the range with my armed militia group to shoot off lots of ammo. Then home for lots of grilled meat and red, white, and blue wine. Well, maybe not blue wine....:b

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Going to a friend's house with my gf for BBQ, then walking one block to the beach to watch fireworks by the Queen Mary. :)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
working a 16-hour shift. 6 a.m. - 11 p.m. double time and a half, yeah baby! :) woo hoo!

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
We'll head to the lake (where my wife's parents have a motorhome parked). There I will sit on my ass, eat, fish, be useless and get sun burned.

Later I will get in the water and attempt an as accurate as possible simulation of a beached whale.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Bike ride 7AM with my 16 month old trailing behind.

8AM - Hang flag on front of house.

Hang out at home all day. Listen to some Billie, Ella, Beatles, whatever. Too hot in Vegas to be outside.

Evening - Drink, smoke ;), watch the fireworks show over the strip.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
1.Jetskiing in the morning
2.BBQ in the afternoon
3.Fireworks in the evening
4.Independence Day dvd movie on my projector in the night.

The End:D :D

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Drove from ATL to nothern Michigan Saturday, staying here for a week on Lake Huron w/ some friends. It's beautiful here to say the least. Awesome weather and view, the cottages are right on the beach. Picked up a small arsenal of fireworks on the way up north and will be picking up a small distillery of booze. And a small butcher's shop worth of grilling meat.

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be hosting a 4/7 bbq for a couple of friends.

After the buffallo wing, more meat, and some booze, I wouldn't be surprised if we watch ID4 on the home theater rig.

A friend of mine will probably post some pictures of the party on the web later, I'll post the adress when I have it.

PS. My Dad's American, so I am Swedish by law but American by heart - especially in these troubling times.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks