What's new

What are the settings for CueCat on DVD Profiler ??? (1 Viewer)

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I loaded Windows XP on my system.
Before that, I backed up my DVD Profiler database.
I’ve reloaded DVD Profiler, CATNIP and restored my database, but it won’t accept any new DVD S/N scans because my CueCat w/CATNIP isn’t properly setup.
I don't remember how I set it up the first time.
Does someone have the CATNIP Bar Code filter settings and the other setup info for me?
Thanks,
Shawn S
[Edited last by Shawn Sefranek on November 11, 2001 at 12:23 AM]

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Download Catnip at; http://goldsteinsoftware.com/catnip.htm
To use CatNip with DVD Profiler:
1. "CatNip Settings" screen:
Output Type: Data
Output (.[Period]) Output (Return)
2. "CatNip Profiles" screen:
a. Create a new profile: DVD Profiler
b. Scan Type: UPA
c. Filter: -++++++++++-
d. Leave "Command" blank,
click on "Save Scan"
Start DVD Profiler, add a DVD. With the cursor in the UPC entry field, scan the UPC with the CueCat. Voila!
If you change the right hand "Output" field from (Return) to (None) then the proper code will be entered and you can manually press "Enter". My own preference is to let CatNip automatically send the (Return) code.
------------------
SpenceJT
Link Removed
"...now what's all this crud about no movie tonight!"
- Thank you Mr. Lemmon

Well, whatever you do, don't do what I did last night.
I opened my DVD Profiler to add my recent title and it asked me if I wanted to download the recent title list, and I said yes, but then tried to cancel it in the middle. After several clicks on the cancel button, I then proceeded to hit Control-Alt-Delete and stop it. Bad move. It did not want to open and after running the repair tool 5 times and rebooting, I was forced to remove the program and reload it, loosing everything. I now have to re-enter all the titles again. Shit.
furious.gif

------------------
Stephen C. Coghill
www.mp3.com/VIRTUALOGIC
www.mp3.com/DIGITALDOMAINmusic

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Stephen,
If you've uploaded your list to the DVD Profiler site, you should be able to download them.
I've had my DVDProfiler software corrupted on me before, but have been able to salvage all of my listings thanks to the Backup utility provided with DVD Profiler.
Good luck!
------------------
SpenceJT
Link Removed
- Thank you Mr. Lemmon

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
Thanks guys. I got it working correctly now.
As for the database, I backed mine up on a CD before I loaded XP.
When I reloaded DVD Profiler I just reloaded off of the CD.
I wasn’t aware you could save it online.
Thanks again,
Shawn S

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Saving your list on-line gives you the ability to share your listing (if you choose) on the internet.
------------------
SpenceJT
Link Removed
- Thank you Mr. Lemmon

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Go to Radioshack and ask for a Cuecat scanner.... That speeds up the process immediately!
Jim
PS -they should have some around, or can tell you what store they are in... they can look up all the stores in the district.
------------------
[email protected]
Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I'm also having problems with catnip and DVD Profiler. When I scan a UPC it says I need to validate the UPC entry because "this selection is not yet available from DVD Profiler Online Database." Also, evertime it asks me if I want to refresh my list from IVC and I click yes, it locks up on me. I have followed the settings on the thread for catnip and I still can't make it work. I've been toying with this program for a while now and i'm not getting anywhere. HEEEELP! Please!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
If you can't get it working don't fret. It is far quicker to type the UPC number in than to scan it. (I did it for 950 items this past weekend.)

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I just tried to type it in. It still tells me that it is not found. on the database and wants me to verify the the UPC and list the name of the DVD. I must not be doing something right on DVD profiler.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Make sure you are only typing in the numbers BETWEEN the two end numbers that are smaller in font size on the UPC.

Tim Shumway

Auditioning
I've never used the Catnip program mentioned in the posts above but it seems that it my not be as user friendly as the program I've been using called CueVerter.I have never had any problems and have scanned over 100 discs.NO typing involved. CueVerter will also start DVD Profiler for you.It really is a great program.YOU CAN FIND IT HERE> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CUEVERTER

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I still have a problem with the software. I used CueVerter and it works fine. I scan the UPC and it shows up right in DVD Profiler but it still tells me that it cannot find it in the database. Also when I update my list it locks and I have to end task and reinstall the software. Any other thoughts for me?? Or should I just send an email to Profiler's tech support.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks