What are the pros and cons after updating to 2.0?

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
My copy of Derailed won't play and it may or may not be related to 2.0 and I know King Kong won't play without it. But I seem to recall others posting saying 2.0 made the picture somewhat darker. Is that true? What are the prod and cons that you've noticed after updating to 2.0?

BTW I have the 2.0 disc but I don't want to update just for 1 or 2 titles if it makes the image less than stellar or if it introduces other issues. If that's the case I'll just wait for update 2.xxxx?

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
I've read other people that have had problems with 2.0 but I've never had one since I've updated. I believe all Universal titles w/U-control and all Weinstein titles require you to update to 2.0

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Firmware version 2.0 of the Toshiba A1 series (and equivalent other brands).

Cees

Bepaof8

Agent
Real Name
Pete
I read on another site that 2.1 may be coming out soon. Nothing definite, though. AVSForum.

Pete

LarryH

Supporting Actor

Trying not to be too disingenuous, but someone or the other has been predicting the quick arrival of 2.1 within a couple of days of 2.0 having been released. If this represents some kind of a new indication, then great.

Brad HP

Agent
I was in the same position up until this past weekend. My A1 (connected via component) had original firmware and it had not given me any issues since my purchase of it in April 2006. There are quite a few titles out and due out soon with U control and other new features so updating was only going to be a matter time. I took the plunge this past weekend and loaded 2.0. Very easy to do. I then watched Derailed and I had no issues whatsoever. Even the slow load time wasn't nearly as bad as I have seen other people reporting. I look forward to testing more recent titles over the next couple of weeks.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaMovieMaestro