What's new

What Are The Odds We Will See Muppets Tonight On DVD? (1 Viewer)

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
Remember that series that lasted like, 8 episodes circa 1994? I KNOW The Muppet Show was a VERY successful DVD release... who thinks THIS will come out?

Chad

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I think there's another thread about this but I really liked this show and hope it comes out after TMS season sets and the msc. specials, too. I'm not sure if the same people own Muppets Tonight, though.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Disney owns Muppets Tonight, and I think there were about 22 episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if they put it out once the Muppet Show is done, if not before. And if they don't, I'm sure there will be much petitioning, phone calling, and emailing. ;)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Since I think that Season 1 of the Muppet Show has done pretty well, I wouldn't doubt it as long as the muppet sets continue to sell. I'd buy a complete MT in a minute just for the Garth Brooks episode where he gets shot out of a cannon with Gonzo.

What I'm wondering about is the Jim Henson hour from the mid/late 80s. Does disney own that as well? There was some really good stuff on that show.

Joe:C

Second Unit
The Storyteller half of The Jim Henson Hour is already available on dvd. I'm not sure who owns the rest of it (I don't think it's Disney). I once read a comprehensive list of who owned what, but I'm not sure exactly where that was. If I can dig up the list I'll post it here.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Is this what you were thinking of, Joe?

I seriously doubt The Jim Henson Hour will ever make it to DVD anywhere near completely intact. Basically, Disney owns the Muppet segments and HIT Entertainment owns the rest.

Joe:C

Second Unit
That's it!!!

You're right, the Jim Henson Hour will most likely not be released. The individual segments are owned by different companies.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave

Don't forget name-calling, teeth grinding, chest-beating and cliff-jumping. But perhaps that's just me.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I really want this on DVD.
The one I really want to see is that Sandra Bullock episode where they do a Speed parody, and I think it got cancelled due to a recent tragedy at that time.

David Rosen

Agent
Whenever I think of this show, I always remember the sequence with Bobo the security bear, Rizzo, Cindy Crawford, and "giant balloons". It still makes me laugh to this day.

Clay_E

Second Unit
The Garth Brooks one is also excellent for the sketches in which Garth kept trying to "stretch himself" as a performer...by doing "If I Were A Rich Man" from "Fiddler On The Roof" and "It's Not Unusual" AS Tom Jones, complete with wig and tight pants!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks