what are the movies/tv shows in Pink Floyd's 'The Wall'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by andrew markworthy, Apr 9, 2002.

1. andrew markworthy

This is probably an ancient question, but I've not been able to find a reference on the web.

Throughout 'The Wall', you can hear snippets of old TV shows and movies (presumably playing on the TV in Pink's hotel room). Does anyone know what they are please? The only one I can confidently recognise is from 'The Battle of Britain', but the others I cannot get (e.g. there is what sounds like a western - 'we've got a couple of hours of daylight left' - and a feeble comedy 'she was Miss Armored Division of ...').

2. Kevin H

Kevin H Agent

I'm pretty sure they're all British shows. I think it says during the commentary on the DVD but I don't have the time to watch it now.

3. StephenL

StephenL Second Unit

I think one of the movies is "The Dam Busters."

Edit: That reminds me. I want to use a line from the movie in my signature.

4. andrew markworthy

Sorry, should have made it clearer - I mean the CD, not the DVD. The DVD does indeed show the Dam Busters, but I'm pretty certain that it's the Battle of Britain (the bit where you hear someone saying 'where are you Simon?', followed by the sound of a plane crashing) on the CD.

5. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

The TV shows and movies that are in the film "The Wall" are not the same as on the album. I think everything in the film comes from the MGM library since "The Wall" is an MGM film and they wouldn't have to pay another studio to use clips from MGM films.

Yes, "Battle of Britain" is heard on the album. I nearly freaked when the movie was on TBS a long time ago and I heard "Where the hell are you Simon?!" and the plane crash.

Just before "Another Brick Part 3" there is a commercial for Roman Meal bread. Classic 70's announcer voice: "This Roman Meal bakery... thought you'd like to know."

And there's an episode of Gunsmoke. "Only got an hour of daylight left..."

6. andrew markworthy

Wayne, many thanks - if I can now find out where 'but there's someone else needs taking care of ...' I'll be a totally happy man.